Rooikop

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: The Cheetahs of Rooiputs area KTP

Post by Mel »

The mum is Catrin, an offspring of the legendary Caster :-)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

For the boys I don't have a name yet. The first record of them I know of was from July 2017.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

That's very interesting and thanks for the info Mel ...Apart from the odd Addo Male lion I dont really know anything about names of other animals especially in KTP where I treat them as beauty and photo subjects which is the main reason I go to Rooiputs KTP as the light in the river in the morning is perfect and traffic quiet for 45 mins and of course the Non SANParks wild unfenced camping which I yearn for ..I dont do perimeter fences well..I will try and remember who Caster is next year ..Thanks again :-) :-)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Ja, some people are not so much into naming wild animals which is fair enough to me.
I basically posted it for the sake of those who are interested but struggle with the IDing themselves \O

Oh, rather remember Catrin though. Caster might not be around much longer anymore. At the age of 11.5 years
she's a rather mature cheetah (and actually might even not be around anymore at this point - my last record of
her is from March and she was not faring well…)

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”