:-0 :-0 :-0 and Honey Badger + little one and Puffie O\/ O\/ O\/

11 Lions at KTC :-0

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park General Information

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:22 am Clever Mel \O I am sorry that you only saw two cheetahs, but you certainly had you part last time. Very instructive to learn how the weather conditions influence the sightings.

Were the waterholes still empty like last time?
Union's End was, but the windmill is fixed. However, you need good wind to fill up the water tanks and only when those overflow,
the waterhole gets filled. Friends of our are up there at the moment. We asked them to check it out and report back. Hopefully,
the wind has done its duty by now.

Kannaguass is still dry. They have built a new waterhole behind that big tree and they allow you to go around that tree. But that's
a really dumb idea because the tree often hosted a leopard that was able to hide at the back. Now there is no hiding anymore, ergo
probably no more leopard.

Langklaas, that has just been fixed after years of being out of order, is dry again because the windmill collapsed. Not sure if there
will be something done about it.

All others seemed to have worked. Even if the odd one was dry for a day, it was probably because the wildebeest or so had raided it.
The waterholes were working again the next day.

But generally we had a bad feel about what's going on in that place. For example, instead of using money for conservation, ALL signs
were replaced and new ones were put up in the wilderness camps. Looks horrible. The park management's feeble attempt to enforce
the rules and to get the backs against the wall (indemnity thing). 0-

Also, the started on working on a further camp which will be at Craig Lockhardt. Then there is talk about some sort of accommodation
at Samevloeiing and I think it was Jan se Draai or there about...

Further have they created a second detour through the riverbed at those sandy stretches on the Mata Mata route somewhere between
Uri and Craig Lockhardt (the first one had already been there in October, and maybe even already a year ago).

Therefore, I don't see us going there forever anymore. Seems it's time that we get our head around camping to be able to afford
Botswana one of these days...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And on an efficiency note: The 5th unit at Kieliekrankie is still not on the booking system O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The future of KTP has not looked very good for the last few years and building new accommodations with such few roads is really 0-

Efficiency has never been a strong point of Sanparks O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And another thing that just popped into my mind again, seeing that the SO is taking measures next to me right now:
At Uri there is still no sunblind in the kitchen. We will make a plan now what to take to cover the window
in the door on our next trip. O**

Plus, after three years in use, operational fridges and still in good conditions beds will be replace apparently
throughout the year when the respective camps are closed for maintenance. What a waste!!!

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:27 pm The future of KTP has not looked very good for the last few years and building new accommodations with such few roads is really 0-
Yep, developing it to death /ou/

Alf

Post by Alf »

After reading through all these pages i get the idea that i shouldn't visit this park after all -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If you don't like barren landscapes without water and often driving the same roads time after time, it's not your kind of place.

If you stay in a wilderness camp for three nights, IMO Urikaruus, it might be worth it, in order to see something different, but for a longer period.... O** This is only my personal opinion :yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Alf

Post by Alf »

Lisbeth wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:35 pm If you don't like barren landscapes without water and often driving the same roads time after time, it's not your kind of place.

If you stay in a wilderness camp for three nights, IMO Urikaruus, it might be worth it, in order to see something different, but for a longer period.... O** This is only my personal opinion :yes:
We can't go to any wilderness camps as they don't allow kids under 12

So i need to stick to the three main camps.

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Of the three Mata Mata is the best.

Of course if you ask Mel, Ex or Nan, they will not have my opinion O**

I am afraid that the kids will be bored.

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”