Bird Book for Mandla Ngomane

Africa Wild supports these causes
Moggiedog

Bird Book for Mandla Ngomane

Post by Moggiedog »

On my recent visit to Kruger I had the opportunity to speak to Mandla Ngomane at Pafuri picnic spot. He is attempting to fill Franks' shoes. I met Mandla many years ago when he was a very young man who spent many hours with his hero Frank. Having been Frank's apprentice he suddenly found himself alone at Pafuri after the unexpected death of his mentor, Frank.
During our discussions it came to light that Mandla had a very, very old bird book and his binoculars had been stolen. My son and I gave him our binoculars and my reason for posting is to ask if at all possible if Africa Wild members would perhaps be willing to help Mandla by donating towards buying the SAPPI birds of South Africa with call finder.
The cost of the book is approx R1395.00.

If this post is inappropriate or in the wrong place - please feel free to remove and give me a slap on the wrists. :-0

nan

Re: Bird Book for Mandla Ngomane

Post by nan »

for me is not inappropriate 0/0

and I would like to take part of this project \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Just back from your exquisite country - KTP, so catching up. 0/*

I would be more than willing to buy it for him, but my "problem" :-? is always payment. If I can pay by credit card at a reputable store, then someone just needs to deliver it to our new budding birding expert. ^Q^

Let me know how I can help. :yes:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I will not be going to Punda before February, but if we can find a payment method I am willing to participate ( like ExF ) Welcome back ExF 0/0

Both Nan and Mel are going to SA in autumn (our), but to KTP. If we can find a way to get the money to someone who can buy the book and get it to Mandla, I am in \O Or we can get our money together and then send it to a bank account.

Moggiedog are you willing to take over the practical side, like giving me your bank details and buy the book. If also Mel is in...... The payment expense from Europe to SA is R100, but divided in three, I think that we can afford it ;-)

Let us see how many are willing to participate and get this thing going right away \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

You can count me in. \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I'll be going up early October? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

List of members who are willing to donate towards a "Bird Book for Mandla Ngomane". Cost approx. R1400.00 :

ExFmem (depending on way of payment)
Nan
Lisbeth
Flutterby
RobertT
Mel
Stefan

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Moggiedog, do you have a way of contacting Mandla to tell him that AW will get the book for him in order to avoid doubles ;-)

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

:yes: \O

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

I will help, I can also probably get the book a lot cheaper through my sister who is a partner in a book store. \O

Return to “Africa Wild Causes”