Site Admin

Urgent fundraiser OSCAP Rhino Relocation

Post by RogerFraser »

Facebook appeal :
OSCAP-Allison Thomson
27 mins
**** URGENT URGENT URGENT *****
FUNDRAISING DRIVE:
I was approached this afternoon to assist with the urgent relocation of 7 rhinos from a reserve that has already lost 7 rhinos in the recent past. 2 were shot this last weekend with one of them surviving with 3 bullet wounds in his head.
It is going to cost us R24 150.00 to do the relocation as the vet is doing the darting a relocation for us. This is an incredibly cheap price for relocating rhinos - basically cost of darting and petrol etc.
As you can imagine this is a matter of urgency so your assistance in helping us raise these funds asap will be greatly appreciated.
Obviously I cannot give more info about the location of these rhinos as they are already under enormous poaching risk.
Please help us raise these funds. I have already committed to assisting and paying.
Thanks xxx

Bank Details:
14051575_10154309715841011_5776800092339375253_n.jpg
14051575_10154309715841011_5776800092339375253_n.jpg (9.18 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Payfast :
https://www.payfast.co.za/donate/go/oscap

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Re: Urgent fundraiser OSCAP Rhino Relocation

Post by RogerFraser »

UPDATE:

Allison Thomson Thank you everybody for your overwhelming response to our request for help with this project. We have reached our target in less than 12 hours! I don't have all the funds in the bank yet but have pledges outstanding that will cover the costs of this relocation. Thank you for your shares and contributions. I cannot tell you how humbled I am by the support that we receive when we put out a call for help. Thank you to everybody who shared and donated. 7 rhinos will now be moved to a safer environment :) You guys rock!!!!

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Urgent fundraiser OSCAP Rhino Relocation

Post by Lisbeth »

The serious fund raisers ought to have an account to which foreigners can make transfers like PayPal. A bank transfer cost around R 300 and more. The world is getting smaller every day and it is time that Africa wakes up. Especially wanting a raise in tourism :yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Rhino Management and Poaching”