TMNP Landscapes via cellphone

Information & Discussions on Table Mountain National Park
trailrunner

TMNP Landscapes via cellphone

Post by trailrunner »

In September last year I had the privilege of running across the spine of Table mountain from the Waterfront to Cape Point with 5 fellow trailrunning friends over 4 Days. This was an epic journey that criss – crossed the mountain and incorporated climbing the 30 highest peaks in the chain.

Whilst I don’t want to bore forumites with the running details which are incorporated in a separate blog, there are a number of landscape pics with some rather alternative views of the mountain that I think may be worth sharing.

Please forgive the picture quality of some of the images as all of these were taken by cell phone, the only camera available whilst running. The images are predominantly shot by myself but some were taken by others in our party.

Having this wonderful park right in the middle of an urban area provides for a unique experience to view the city and its suburbs from a unique perspective.

A Moody Cape Town Morning from Lions Head

Your vistas are magnificent and so is the mountain looking outward or upward you are always struck by the beauty of where you are

Lions Head from Fresnaye Pathway
Last edited by trailrunner on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
Flutterby

Re: TMNP Landscapes via cellphone

Post by Flutterby »

Wow TR...love that first pic! \O

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Thanks Flutts, this was a very typical moody cape town morning. O-/
Pretty to look at but not always pretty to be in, you have to appreciate these moments briefly and move on to stay warm.

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Lions Head and Signal Hill from Devils Peak

View of our pretty city from Devils Peak
Last edited by trailrunner on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

View down Apostle Ravine

Devilliers dam from Klaasenskop
Last edited by trailrunner on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

View from Karbonkelberg Houtbay overlooking Sandy Bay.

View from Grootkop top of Table Mountain looking North (Mid table)
Last edited by trailrunner on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Your phone takes great pics...mine would just be blurs! \O

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Thanks Flutts, yes not bad, would love to get some of these with a decent lens but some situations would be a bit challenging. :O^

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

You actually took all those photos with your cell? That's pretty stunning! ^Q^

Btw, I like your new 'outfit' :-)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Mel wrote:You actually took all those photos with your cell? That's pretty stunning! ^Q^

Btw, I like your new 'outfit' :-)
Thanks Mel, yip it’s all Iv'e got when we are running, sometimes it's a but of a tossup as the phone is actually there for emergencies. 0*\
I have used my battery up rather irresponsibly on a few occasions before in preference not to miss a great view. :no: :X: 0*\

Thanks on the outfit ;-)

Return to “Table Mountain National Park”