Karoo - Some Impressions

Information & Discussions on Karoo National Park
Peter Connan

Re: Karoo - Some Impressions

Post by Peter Connan »

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Richprins, I promise it was not me. I found it there and left it untouched.

ExFmen, I will write something up just for you. Hopefully PRWinnan will also contribute, he is far more knowledgeable that I am, especially WRT specialized post-processing techniques.

But first I want to do similar posts in the Camdeboo section...

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

0/0 No need to spend too much time on it, just some basics to point anyone interested (me) in the right direction. \O Those of us interested can then spend our own time and efforts studying and learning, rather than expecting you to do all the "legwork". Camera settings, post processing software, general techniques that need to be employed, that sort of thing. 0/0 0/0

Landscape, especially nighttime photography, is an area I really admire in those who do it well, and you and PRWIN are Masters! ^Q^ ^Q^

Thank you for your efforts, and especially your photos. [O] O/\

Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Only a pleasure.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

:o0ps: :o0ps: not sure if you will follow how I do it in photoshop, but setting and one or two video's I could help with \O

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
okie

Post by okie »

We visited Karoo Nat park last week for two days - just a short break-away for my birthday O:V

This park is one of my favourites , mainly because of the peace and tranquillity ---- not necessarily for photo-opportunities :O^
It does have lions , but these remain hidden amongst the dry vegetation , and then of course , there is Sylvester - the walk-about lion , who recently made headlines for his great escape antics .
Poor ol' Sylvester is currently held in a boma on his own , pending final decision of what to do with him , so therefore , no chance to see him either 0*\

On the other hand , to make things up sort-off , accommodation fee includes a breakfast , in the Pepper Pot restaurant .
And , I just could not resist in ordering " Sylvester " spook " fried breakfast ".
It consists of two eggs , steak ( cooked as you like it ) , kidneys , mushrooms , tomato .........

Much much better IMO than the Mugg and Bean empty plate you get in Kruger ^0^

Enough is enough
nan

Post by nan »

right Okie, and it was a pleasure to take breakfast after the first outing in the morning \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

But kidneys? :shock: 0-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

That would be my breakfast, lunch and dinner! :shock: What a plate full of food :shock:

How does that breakfast concept work? Do you get a choice of things to pick from? Getting a steak is quite generous for a normal B&B style breakfast.
(We opted for the take-away breakfast which I remember to be good as well, even though I wouldn't be able to say what exactly it consisted of.)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
okie

Post by okie »

Mel wrote:That would be my breakfast, lunch and dinner! :shock: What a plate full of food :shock:

How does that breakfast concept work? Do you get a choice of things to pick from? Getting a steak is quite generous for a normal B&B style breakfast.
(We opted for the take-away breakfast which I remember to be good as well, even though I wouldn't be able to say what exactly it consisted of.)
Its a normal sit-down restaurant/B&B style breakfast menu , choice of various breakfasts , like " Full English breakfast " - consisting of " Eggs n bacon/sausage , with baked beans " , etc , etc . Meusli , or other grain breakfast , with fruit juice , coffee , toast .
My SO had this , after a serving a muesli :

The menu also have a section with " Kiddies breakfasts " .

All great value and substantially well-filling , as befitting any good , Karoo Breakfast \O

Enough is enough
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Ooh, now I'm hungry! O** \O

Return to “Karoo National Park”