Its a WILD life....

Tell us about your interesting Wildlife Experiences
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Its a WILD life....

Post by Lisbeth »

They are not very pretty :shock:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Inyati

Post by Inyati »

I almost forgot the Friday funny.... 0*\

How I used to tell if the girlfriend I had at the time, was to take the a few days to the Kruger... If we had a great time in each others company for that long, I would be sold, if not, well they wouldn't be privy to my services any longer... -O-

When my wife and I went on this trip, which obviously went well, we were driving from Olifants up to Letaba on the dirt road, and in one particular dip, there are always ellies... But the road has many little loops.. So we took one of these loops, and lo and behold, mr ellie decided to block my way O/ O/ O/ ... Now as you may be aware, I have somewhat of a fear and attration towards Ellies. I fear them, and they are attracted to charge me! 0/*
Wifey calmly pushed me into reverse, as i was frozen on the grey matter filling my windscreen. O** She then actually turned the wheel and drove us out of the loop in reverse :ty: ... But to my pure shock and horror, another grey matter was in my screen 0: ... So calmly drove forward and "pushed" ellie one off the road, while I was still under the dashboard!!! =O: =O: =O: Never have I had more ummmmmm refreshments on a drive as I did after that incident! :o0ps:

Anyway, she is now my wifey, so she passed the test 0/0 O\/ O\/ ... Ellies have been trying to get me back ever since!!!! (0!)

If you wish your merit to be known, acknowledge that of other people.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Life gives us many indications, but not always do we follow them -O- Yours were an elephant or two :yes: =O: =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Inyati wrote: if not, well they wouldn't be privy to my services any longer...
An endless flood of aspiring concubines...we bow down in admiration, o alpha male! =O: =O: =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Did your wife know about your selection process? O**

Inyati

Post by Inyati »

After we married I told her about them, wasn't she lucky!!! =O: =O: =O:
You see, if I told them beforehand, they would not have acted like themselves, and hence the process would have been flawed!!! O** O** O**

If you wish your merit to be known, acknowledge that of other people.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

=O:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Lucky, Fattie! :yes: ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Some huge reminders there diligently,,Yati wake -up!!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

This isn't a story about wild life but I was looking at photos that reminded me of something quite "wild"! ;-)

In 2003 my brother and his wife came out from England to run the Comrades Marathon. 0- They were bringing their 3 month old son with them, so my dad decided to rent a holiday flat in Umhloti so we could all be together and support them in their crazy mission! O** .

We then managed to organise a family reunion for the day before the marathon, including aunts, uncles and cousins from around SA, and a surprise visit from cousins in New Zealand. My sister-in-law's family were also out from the UK to run, so they were also invited, plus various friends. It was decided that SO and I would cater the lunch and we made various pasta dishes so that all the runners could carbo-load before the race. It was a rather large gathering and great to catch up with all the family, and I took lots of photographs to remember this big occasion.

The next day the marathon was run and we (the non-runners) went to the finish-line to cheer them all home and of course take lots more pics of their fantastic achievement! When we finally got all the weary runners back to the flat I realised that the camera was missing! :shock: We searched the flat and the vehicle, but no camera!! I was devastated!! 0*\ We had taken pics that could never be replaced...of the family reunion and the comrades marathon! :-( We tried to work out where we could have lost it, and decided it must have been when we were walking back to the car after the race. SO said he would drive back to Durban and try to find it. I said he was mad - we would never see it again but SO could see how upset I was so off he went. He went back to and managed to park in the same spot we'd parked in before and started to retrace our steps, walking all the way to the finish line and back to the car with no luck! :no: He was about to leave when he saw something in the dirt next to the car. Bending down, he saw the camera lying upside in a small hole. Being black it was hard to see at night and because it had fallen face down into the hole it was virtually flush with the ground so almost impossible to see!! You can imagine how happy I was when he arrived back at the flat...not to mention totally amazed that he had found it! :-0

The family.

The last pic taken of my dad with his older brother before he passed away.

My brother at the finish line with the Brat cheering him on. lol

Return to “Tales of Wildlife Experiences & Animal Behaviour”