High key Photography

Discuss & view pics of a general nature
Michele Nel

High key Photography

Post by Michele Nel »

First of all I apologise if this topic appears elsewhere on the Forum..I did do a search but couldn't find anything.
Also I am a bit pressed for time so I am providing a link for the know how on High Key Photography . It is all the rage at the moment and i rather like the effect myself...especially if you are looking for prints to put up on your wall.

https://www.craigjoneswildlifephotograp ... 161113234/

Two of my attempts...I took both photos with the intention of turning them into high key so I over-exposed when taking them.
IMG_0138hk.jpg
IMG_6606hk.jpg
So don't ignore those beautiful eagles perched up on a branch against an overcast sky..it could be an amazing High Key opportunity. High Key lends itself very much to Black and White as well..something I am still experimenting with. \O

Dewi

Re: High key Photography

Post by Dewi »

Nice pics Michele. \O

Do these count?
DSC_8267.jpg
_DSC3222.jpg
Not sure if I got the right technique in making them, but the effect is similar.

Look for the manipulated images thread, there are others in there in a similar vein. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
nan

Post by nan »

thank you Michele 0/0

I have tried some "contre-jour" (against light) and some are... "watchable" :yes:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

You did that manually, Michele? I've got a button that I can choose if I wish to do high key photos.
As of now, I'm not sure yet how I like it :-?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Imagining on a wall, I kind of like them :yes: ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Oh yay..so everybody has been trying High key as well...:)
Yes Mel ..taken manually as my camera does not have a high key function. I have done a wee bit of photoshop but not a lot as I prefer the art of photography as opposed to the art of photoshop.... lol lol . I was also not sure how I like it either ..but when it comes to having photos up on my walls in my house I have failed miserably. So I have many many beautiful photos of a Lilac -breasted Roller...but seriously they are not going to match any colour scheme in my home...but if I take a high key photo of a LBR and possibly change it to black and white I could think of many places where I could put it up in my home. I have also attended two expos here in Cape Town this year and both times there were high key photos on offer. They were stunning and it took my daughter to tell me that I have had those sightings and opportunities...I just need to take those photos slightly differently and I would also have those "fine art" photos. So I googled a bit here and there and yes it is not too difficult...now I just need to get out into the field and put my learnings into practise .... :-)

Yes Dewi..I think you have nailed it...:)

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely pics everyone! \O

okie

Post by okie »

Hmmm....is this it ?
IMG_5421-001.JPG

Enough is enough
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

I suppose I could have blown the white more on the dog, but I like to see a bit of detail in white of subject -O- -O-

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

\O ^Q^

Return to “General Photography Discussion Forum”