Sigma 150-500mm Lens

Discuss the technical side of photography
lowveldboy

Re: Sigma 150-500mm Lens

Post by lowveldboy »

Flutts - you will love te lens. All my pics are taken with it.

All I found is that the lens is extremely slow, so to compensate and get better results, I always take on Aperture mode and always wth the aprtue set to F8. Found my pics are lot more in focus.

ENJOY!! \O

I would feel more optimistic of a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority - EB White
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

That's interesting to read LVB...compared to my 75-300 lens this one is really fast. -O I always shoot in aperture mode and also heard that F8 was best for this lens. \O

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

An excellent lens for the price. Nearly all of the pictures I've posted on this forum were taken with this lens.

Depending on the camera, you can try to up your ISO to give you a little more flexibility with your exposure. I have found that there is little or no increase in 'noise' at ISO 800.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Tx BT!! Will give that a try! \O I don't know if you saw the pics from our last trip to Pilanesberg...they were taken with this lens. ;-)

dup

Post by dup »

Not a very nice day ,have just confirm that my Sigma 70-700 mm 4-5,6 DG ,camera lens give problems. The lens is used on a Canon D1100.
The problem is the Auto-focus ,sometimes it just don't work,it actually get stuck.The lens is about one year old and been used 30 hours.(3 year warranty)

After the initial "shock" try to do some research on the internet and saw the following interesting remarks.
-Sigma and Cannon is not that com-pliable(inter) as said in the marketing field.
-The focus problem is known to some users(?) and there is some models (lenses) that is recall by sigma and repair cost free.
The problem now is ,repair,give back(with a fight) OR buy a new one(not likely). O/

Want to limit my risk of a broken lens during that precious hours of a weekend or holiday.

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Dup, this doesn't sound good. 0*\ But, try this before cutting your wrists....

Take the lens off the camera, look at the connector plate that fits to the camera. It has 3 tiny screws, make sure that they are fastened correctly. It might only be a little loose, but fasten it with those jeweller screwdrivers. This could help, it has worked for me a few times with my 170-500. \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
dup

Post by dup »

Thanks Sprock's ,I saw the post you made a bit back,think it was address to Flut's.Make sense , SO and Blommie take the lence to Inc. Connection this morning ,but I believe to get my ducks in a row and that's the reason for the posting.Hope the promises will come to light but on the other hand all of us know how these "warrenty's" work.
I was also feeling that with this thing I'am going to need every bit of advice.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

dup

If the lens is still new no problem as I bought a 120-400mm and within the first week the auto focus packed up completely, I contacted the supplier and said I would bring it back after the holiday and they replaced the lens for me with out any problem

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Must make a mental note to myself to show Joan this thread as she also has the Sigma 150-500.

Thanks for all the info everybody.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
dup

Post by dup »

Thank's everybody , Thursday is D-day as the supplier promise feedback,then .Hold thumbs. O** Will keep you informed.

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”