Stock Libraries

Discuss the technical side of photography
BluTuna

Re: Stock Libraries

Post by BluTuna »

That should be interesting! Great idea!

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Here we go BT...

The shot below was rejected on Shutterstock due to focus issues, it has been accepted on Dreamstime. O**

So from now, any rejected images on SS will be uploaded to DT. ;-)

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

I just got a reply from iStock and am slightly bemused!

All six images that SS said would have been accepted on my first attempt were accepted by Dreamstime.

I sent three of these images as samples to iStock but It seems they don't think these are up to scratch. The rejected all thee of them!!!!

"At this time we regret to inform you that we did not feel the overall composition of your photography or subject matter is at the minimum level of standard for iStockphoto. Please take some time to review training materials, resources and articles provided through iStockphoto. The photographs provided in your application should be diverse in subject matter, technical ability and should be your best work. Think conceptual, creative and most important think Stock photography. Try to avoid the average eye level push the button perspective of a common subject. Try and impress us, we want to see how you stand out from the crowd."

I just emailed and told them that I felt I would be wasting my time sending any other contributions and would they kindly remove my profile from their system.

They obviously don't like wildlife photography.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Don't get upset BT. Send another batch, once your initial 10 are in things go much better. \O Send another batch.

Since I started at SS, each month has been better than the previous months sales wise, in fact this month I have made almost half of my total sales so far.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

It wasn't ShutterStock, it was iStockphoto. I'm not upset, just surprised and bemused :-?

I'm still working on my 10 for SS, the first one I put on the forum for a critique was shot down so I'm trying to be even MORE critical of my pictures. I think I will have to reprocess each image I send them from scratch because what I look for in a picture is not what they are looking for.

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

What name are you using on SS?

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

You found it! I haven't found where I can set up a nickname on SS, perhaps that only happens when I get accepted.

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I tried that already, the name that you register under is the name that is displayed. It can't be changed.

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Sprocky wrote:I tried that already, the name that you register under is the name that is displayed. It can't be changed.
I wonder how the other guys did it :-?

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I think they registered under those names. -O-

BTW, my last shot that was rejected on SS has been approved on DT. O**

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”