Stock Libraries

Discuss the technical side of photography
Sprocky

Stock Libraries

Post by Sprocky »

I would like to know how many of the photographers here on the forum submit images to stock libraries?

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
okie

Re: Stock Libraries

Post by okie »

Interesting question Sprocky \O I have also wondered about that . And I have also wondered what the position is regarding royalties for instance where pics were taken within a Sanpark :O^

Enough is enough
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I don't think there is much that SANParks can do about it. If you search in any of these sites for Kruger for example, there are thousands of images. They can't even control who enters the park and with what, so they have no chance of trying to control what gets published on hundreds of international sites, totaling millions of images. ;-)

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Okie photo taken within the park are your's and San has no say over them.

had a look at that Sprocky , but am a bit weary about it. Will be interesting to see what comes up :-)

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Why be weary PR? :-?

If you are on the right site, it is a win win situation. \O

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

There are so many sites, like you say some are good and then there are those that take you for a ride. The question is what site's do you use. O/ O/ O/

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

What I have found and heard so far from other contributors is that Shutterstock is one of the best. I currently submit to them, but they are the most stringent when it comes to quality and having images accepted. Which is a good thing, buyers out there know which sites to use to find quality images.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Sprocky but don't you have to pay a subscription to them (Shutterstock) and it is quite steep as it's in $

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

No, there is no subscription needed if you are a contributor, that's the other plus point of SS. Your fist submission must be 10 images of which 7 have to be approved. If you don't get seven accepted then you have to wait a month and then you submit another batch of 10.

The sites that require a subscription fee are dodgy.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Sprocky have you the correct address as I always seam to be coming out as a viewer and not a contributor O/ O/ O/ =O: =O:

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”