3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Peter Betts

3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Post by Peter Betts »

Jane & I drove up from PE to JHB (A long haul at our age ) and early the next day we said good bye to our Woodmead friends and headed north to Phalaborwa where we stayed at the Forever Resort next to the Gate ..Giving us a last opportunity of plugging into electricity to charge the Deep Cycle Battery Pack the non Solar Panel method ..which would be used to run our 90 Litre National Luna Fridge Freezer at off the grid Tsendze. It also allowed us the opportunity to get GREAT Lowveld Veggies and fruit and to fill up with 'Cheap' Diesel and give me a chance of 2 hours in the Park at daybreak around Sable Dam looking for the ELUSIVE (to me) 'Scarface ' The local IMPRESSIVE Mr Spots ..Didnt get him but found a Lion Kill in perfect earlyish Golden Light at Sable dam instead
Lion Kill N Kruger Park.jpg
. I spent 2 hours with them and was joined by 3 cars eventually ..When the first OSV arrived I politely left the scene suffering from Claustrophobia and returned to Fetch the trailer and Jane . We then ambled up the road to our pre booked Site 14 and set up home for the next 3 weeks ..What a BEAUTIFUL Camp Tsendze is ...Real Kruger atmosphere the way I remember and our site was 200% perfect and at the end of a road so no passing traffic ..What a blessing and what a great home Jane had planned for us to set up..I cant think of a more beautiful setting we had here when compared to any other camp in Kruger
Our Campsite 14 @ Tsendze KNP.jpg

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Re: 3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Post by RogerFraser »

\O Good start to the trip at Sable dam . Looking forward to spending time in Tzende next time we get the van to Kruger now that we are not tied to a power plug all the time .

0()

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

You will love it Roger ..great camp

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

The Park was VERY dry and I heard that even the large Nsemane dam further south at Satara is bone dry !!..The Ellies and the big herds of Buff trekked through the dust and heat to get to water ..like this group of ellies
Waterhole approacj.jpg

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Mooiplaas Windmill was always enveloped in an afternoon cloud of dust
Drought in Africa.jpg

harrys

Post by harrys »

Great start and yes I agree with you Tsendze is a great camp, camped there once a few years ago ^Q^ ^Q^

KNP: May be one day again??
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

The really hot plus 40 degrees days always started with temporary mist and this combined with the dust kicked up by a Mega herd of over 1000 buff created an eerie atmosphere in the pre sunrise light found at Mooiplaas Windmill this particular morning with the windmill rising out of the ghostly dust
Mist and Dust.jpg

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

harrys wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:03 am Great start and yes I agree with you Tsendze is a great camp, camped there once a few years ago ^Q^ ^Q^
Its our favorite camp in Kruger and we have been going regularly since the week end it opened . Next year we are doing Shingwedzi in Nov for 3 weeks for a bit of Greenery and the birds at that time of the year

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

The River loops around Tsendze 1 km North and South were always productive with Park rarities that are unique to this fantastic Big 5 area . Apolgies for the harsh midday light but this is when Roan come out of the Mopani to drink
Roan Bull.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ Peter!

Glad you made it safely!

Great sightings to begin - it really is the best time of year... O:V

Where exactly was the roan?

Nice camp setup as always, although how do we know it is yours? :-? ^0^ :twisted:

Trees do make a BIG difference when tent camping. :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”