ready to embark in the Kalahari express O\/

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Now what?

Post by Lisbeth »

I love the car ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Nice vehicle!! :yes:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Nice unobtrusive vehicle, Moggie! =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Yo, ah ah ah, if only!! Moggie have a great trip,...

Heh,.. H.e
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Don't worry about having forgotten you started this TT once you're back from the trip... not gonna happen O** :twisted: lol

Have a wonderful time, the both of you ^Q^

(Love that mode of transport O:V )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

Who would ever have dreamed that when naming this TT it would have really been an apt title.
I need a bit of time to get my life in order. Two robberies in one day is not the way to start a trip. Jax and I managed to get away at sparrows and had a good start to the morning. Then we hit Kuruman - my bag with my life contained therein was stolen. Now what! No bank cards, no id, no cash as well as various torches and other odds and ends needed for the trip - gone - never to be seen again.
I had just manged to report the theft when my phone rang (fortunately it was not in my bag) The security company from home telling me my house had been broken into and extent of the theft was not known. Now What - cancel my trip? - Not a hope in hell of that happening.
Needless to say I was not very calm or relaxed in fact my stress levels were off the chart.
This trip had been planned two years previously and all I could do was to attempt to put the brown stuff on hold until I got home.
I am not a big drinker - in fact I very seldom have alcohol - that night was a huge exception - much to my regret the next few days. I think I drank as much in one evening as I did for the remainder of the trip.
Will catch up later as, at this stage of my life, have not even seen a single photo as one of the items stolen was my trusty computer. Fortunately my beloved boy child had to come to Pretoria for a conference and voile - he brought up his laptop for me and set everything up. Seeing as I am technically challenged(dreadful to admit- especially as I was a systems analyst/programmer all my life) I need to check things out before I continue.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

That's terrible :shock: :shock: O-/ Poor you 0/0 What a terrible thing(s) to happen :no: It was very brave of you to continue your trip, but a little something must have been pecking in your head during the whole trip 0*\

I hope that you will get everything replaced little by little (apart from the cash of course :O^ ) Was something precious or irreplaceable stolen from your house? These things should not happen, but unfortunately they are happening all the time O/ 0= 0= @#$ @#$

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ai, Moggie! Fortunately you are a strong lady. This country is a cursed paradise. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Good grief Moggie, what's with all the mishap???

And all would happen as you leave,...not nice!!

Heh,.. H.e

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”