It ain't arf 'ot 'ere Mum.

BluTuna

Re: It ain't arf 'ot 'ere Mum.

Post by BluTuna »

Friday 4 December 2015 - Letaba -> Ingwenya Lodge.

On the long journey south we didn't encounter anything worth mentioning until we got to Satara. In the area in front of the restaurant I spotted a dancing butterfly.

And a Brownheaded Parrot.

Suitably refreshed by a M&B breakfast we continued southwards.

A few Kms down the road we came upon a solo Lioness.

And another few Kms further on, a small pride. Two Lionesses looked on as a male gorged himself on a baby Elephant.

After booking into Ingwenya, I took a shortened afternoon drive - the security guard asked me where my SO was so I told him that I''d killed her and the body was in the back, I asked if there were any Lions in the area - he looked at me then checked through the back window just to make sure I wasn't serious.

There's much more to see in the south!

Greenbacked Heron.

A Wartlet.

Magpie Shrike.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Brown Snake Eagle.

Lappetfaced Vulture.

Unmentionables.

Energetic newbies.

The newbies exuberance was contagious.

And to end the day, a strange beast in the clouds.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

Great Impala photos! \O

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

The south always delivers great sightings. \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

After booking into Ingwenya, I took a shortened afternoon drive - the security guard asked me where my SO was so I told him that I''d killed her and the body was in the back, I asked if there were any Lions in the area - he looked at me then checked through the back window just to make sure I wasn't serious.

=O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O:

Misanthrope! X#X

Lion on ellie! :shock:

Thanks for that wasp info... :ty:

Will send your pic on to Lowvelder just in case, as you seem to be ambivalent? =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

ALL your photos are splendid ;-) , but catching a butterfly dancing around is for the few :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Puff Addy wrote:Great Impala photos! \O
Thanks Puff!

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Flutterby wrote:The south always delivers great sightings. \O
It does, but there's something special about the north!

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Richprins wrote:After booking into Ingwenya, I took a shortened afternoon drive - the security guard asked me where my SO was so I told him that I''d killed her and the body was in the back, I asked if there were any Lions in the area - he looked at me then checked through the back window just to make sure I wasn't serious.

=O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O:

Misanthrope! X#X

Lion on ellie! :shock:

Thanks for that wasp info... :ty:

Will send your pic on to Lowvelder just in case, as you seem to be ambivalent? =O:
Hey! I don't dislike everyone, just a few selected individuals :twisted:

I only identified the kill as an Ele when I was processing the pictures - very unusual in the Kruger!

Hahahah! 0' 0' Who is that hack-rag's main competition? Is it the Kruger Times? Perhaps I should let them have exclusive use of my pictures ..0.. :yes: :yes: :yes: I shall have to consider that :twisted:

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Lisbeth wrote:ALL your photos are splendid ;-) , but catching a butterfly dancing around is for the few :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks Lis! I was also quite pleased with the Butterfly in-flight pictures. Insects in flight are always difficult!

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”