It ain't arf 'ot 'ere Mum.

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: It ain't arf 'ot 'ere Mum.

Post by Richprins »

"Bushbucks" is bad English! 0*\

Didn't know there were so many wasps in the bush, but nice you dragged yourself from game viewing at the restaurant to game viewing at the pool, my kind of adventurer! X#X X#X X#X

The hippo bulls chase each other away from remaining pools, with great effort, and as they are so weak, the loser just conks out in these times, unfortunately. They have to stay in some kind of water at least every few days, if possible, normally if they are fat enough they lie under some shade and recover, and can survive and plot the next move, so to speak.? :-(

Ai, BT, a pity your pics are taboo, as I'm pretty sure the trough one would make a front page or two... really epitomises the drought!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Seeing a wild animal like that is heart braking :-(

I love the emerging cicada ^Q^ ^Q^ ...and all the other insects O\/ O\/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Thanks so much, BluTuna,

what incredible insect and bird shots once again - Love your owl and feel sorry for the hippo - So many hippos took over such waterholes when in the park in fact a more then hard time of them presently :-(

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Puff Addy wrote:That second Hippo photo is heartbreaking. :-(
It's hard to see any animal suffer like that. I reported it back at Letaba but, judging by the lack of enthusiasm, I doubt if anything was done about it.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

ExFmem wrote:^Q^ O0 I think I'm in love!!....with all of your photos. ^Q^ Seriously wonderful images.

The hippo, wrenches one's heart. :-( :-( What a tough life these poor wild souls endure.

Emerging cicada O\/ O/\ O/\ I have looked for this opportunity FOREVER, and never came close, so thank you for being in the right place at the right time AND having the skills to capture it. X#X
Thanks, It's always nice to have my efforts at photography appreciated :-)

Hippos seem to have a tough life under all circumstances.

I wish I'd seen the emerging Cicada a little earlier, I would have loved to have shot the entire emergence!

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Alf wrote:Truly amazing pictures again of all these insects. ^Q^ ^Q^

Hippo inside the trough :shock:

Poor thing, obviously no water in the area other than the trough. :-(
Thanks Alf!

Yes, a very sad thing to see.

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Flutterby wrote:Poor hippo. :-(

Lovely pics of the Scops. \O
Thanks Flutts! The Scops was one of my favourite sightings of the trip, I don't think I've ever seen one so close.

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Richprins wrote:"Bushbucks" is bad English! 0*\

Didn't know there were so many wasps in the bush, but nice you dragged yourself from game viewing at the restaurant to game viewing at the pool, my kind of adventurer! X#X X#X X#X

The hippo bulls chase each other away from remaining pools, with great effort, and as they are so weak, the loser just conks out in these times, unfortunately. They have to stay in some kind of water at least every few days, if possible, normally if they are fat enough they lie under some shade and recover, and can survive and plot the next move, so to speak.? :-(

Ai, BT, a pity your pics are taboo, as I'm pretty sure the trough one would make a front page or two... really epitomises the drought!
Bad English? So, what's good English in this case?

That's only a small fraction of the Wasps in the region. According to my insect book, there are over 6,000 species in Southern Africa!

I've seen some very bloody Hippo conflicts on wildlife doccies - Bull Hippos can be very cruel.

That thieving hack-rag would have to pay me a very large sum before I let them publish any of my pictures.

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Lisbeth wrote:Seeing a wild animal like that is heart braking :-(

I love the emerging cicada ^Q^ ^Q^ ...and all the other insects O\/ O\/
Thanks Lis. I'm glad you are enjoying (most of) my pictures! \O

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Pumbaa wrote:Thanks so much, BluTuna,

what incredible insect and bird shots once again - Love your owl and feel sorry for the hippo - So many hippos took over such waterholes when in the park in fact a more then hard time of them presently :-(
Thanks Pumbaa, I guess the drought is having an effect on many of the animals. That's the first time I've seen a Hippo in a trough. I hear they are trying to combat the drought by reopening some of the closed waterholes.

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”