Birthday to never forget… 50 or BUST in Kruger

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

So! our adventure started in the planning phase some 3 months ago when I joined this crazy forum to get advice on our trip to Kruger see : viewtopic.php?f=79&t=4546….

My SO asked what I would like to do for my 50th birthday and although I am a warm blooded Safrican male, a naked girl jumping out the cake just didn’t seem to be quite the turn – on I was looking for. :-? :-? :-? Drunken party in some arb sports hall was an all too regular occurrence in my life, so Kruger it was. I had only been once before and remembered what a special place it was. ..0..

As I was passing through Nelspruit and had been given great advice and some not such great advice, I decided that I had to meet this RP who had given me so much, “uphill’ in preparation for my trip. --00-- --00-- --00-- We traded a well travelled jar of Marmite for an Africa Wild shirt, I definitely got the upper hand on that deal. O** O** O**

Marmite for Africa Wild shirt

Frewells and RP seemed to be in a great rush and our 1st meeting was like being on a speed date on that Saturday afternoon at the Princes palace, but we were all thirsty. I will say that the excitement was palpable, even in an old Krugerite as he shot off instructions and advice like a machine gun at full throttle. Six buckets of Lager later and they were gone, X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X X#X leaving my head spinning but with even greater anticipation to just get into the park. O\/ O\/

Very Thirsty at the Princes Palace

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
Toko

Re: Birthday to never forget… 50 or BUST in Kruger

Post by Toko »

Aha =O: there must be a reason why you don't share the instructionc and advice you got by Prinse O**

You look pretty in the green shirt :-0

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

You certainly saw some wild animals on the start of your trip Trail. \O

You do know that it's against the rules to feed the wildlife. :X: Then again, marmite can't really be classed as food, so you are excused. =O:

There should be a law against those hairy legs. ;-)

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Toko wrote:Aha =O: there must be a reason why you don't share the instructionc and advice you got by Prinse O**

You look pretty in the green shirt :-0
Hey Toko thanks for popping by. \O

You are dead right, that info from RP would not only get me get kicked off of here but start and international incident that would make Julian Assange look like a saint. --00-- --00-- --00--

If you know not of your past and know not of your present, you cannot predict your future and will be like a cabbage in a society.
trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Oh and yes Toko thanks, I wore the green with pride. ;-)

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Dewi wrote:You certainly saw some wild animals on the start of your trip Trail. \O

You do know that it's against the rules to feed the wildlife. :X: Then again, marmite can't really be classed as food, so you are excused. =O:

There should be a law against those hairy legs. ;-)
I know Dewi, that first sighting nearly sent me straight home! =O: =O: =O:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

You got to meet RP and his paper plate O:V

I hope he didn't bring his ice bucket as it's cursed O-/

0()

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Hey BC, just the plate fortunately, but that was enough to give me nightmares. O-/ O-/ O-/

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Hooray, your TT has started! O/\ O/\

Let's hope you met some more cultured animals in the park!! :twisted: --00--

trailrunner

Post by trailrunner »

Hi Flutts, yip finally getting to it amid the congestion and melancholy. :-( :-( :-(

There are lots of far more cultured sightings to come!!! --00-- --00-- --00--

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”