Namibia - There and Back

Michele Nel

Namibia - There and Back

Post by Michele Nel »

We had a wonderful tour around Namibia in May/June this year and I think it may be a bit selfish of me to keep all our wonderful experiences to myself. O** I am going to attempt a TT but mostly in the form of photos..if that is okay with everybody. I do tend to waffle on sometimes but I really do not have much time at the moment…

Day 1

We left Cape Town on 21 May on a beautiful sunny winter’s day – destination - Klawer Country Lodge, Klawer.
But as we were driving further north the weather was changing. I couldn’t believe the gathering thunderstorms. Our previous trip to Namibia had been fraught with rain. It had rained 19 out of 21 days..was this trip going to be the same. :twisted:

We managed to get the tent up and the braai almost done before the storm hit..we ate our supper in Junior (the black vehicle in the photo -O ). This had happened many a time on our previous trip…the mood was not good. :evil: It thundered and stormed through the night – the mood got worse. :evil: :evil:

Our little setup for the night.

Day 2.
The rain had abated by the time we woke up but it was still very misty, drizzly and downright miserable. After being attacked by an over-friendly goose that wouldn't let me move without pecking at my shoes we hit the road.

The mood was getting worse-er…… :evil: :twisted:

Next destination – Amanzi Trails – an awesome campsite along the Orange River but on the Namibian side. By the time we got to the border the sun was shining and we literally never saw another raindrop for the rest of the trip. O\/ The mood had lifted….we were happy campers once again. O/\ O\/
Border crossing went without a hitch although Junior was searched from top to toe….

Although the rain had stopped it was very windy at Amanzi trails so we opted not to camp alongside the river. The reed dividers served as a great wind block. We were back on Namibian soil and we were seriously happy campers… \O

nan

Re: Namibia - There and Back

Post by nan »

Junior :-? and where is Monty 0=
thank you to start a TT... O/\ O/\ O/\

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Toko

Post by Toko »

O/\ O\/ O/\ O\/ We have already arrived in Namibia O:V Can't wait to find out where we are going to 0'

0() 0() 0()

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Never fear Nan..we still have Monty. The black one is called Junior because it is much much younger than Monty =O:
For those of you that do know... Monty is SO's pride and joy....more than 30yrs old now. Here is a pic of Monty

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Toko wrote:O/\ O\/ O/\ O\/ We have already arrived in Namibia O:V Can't wait to find out where we are going to 0'

0() 0() 0()

Best you hang on tight Toko..we have a long way to go still...:)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Before I go too much further with this report let me tell you that you may just get inundated with bird photos. As I mentioned on my Pelagic Trip Report I have started a Facebook group called Birds Captured 2013. The idea is to see how many birds you can capture during the year. One has to have a photo to prove that you have seen it. When I left Cape Town I was sitting on 195 birds…..
I was on a mission to capture as many different birds as I could…my stay at Amanzi gave me
# 196 – African Red-eyed Bulbul

As well as #197 – Orange River White-Eye

^Q^

Twigga

Post by Twigga »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Seat belt on - Let's go \O

Looove the pics of Monty & Junior - like before meets after

0() 0() 0()

Somewhere in Kruger
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Glad, you decided to be a good girl and share with us O\/

Also happy to hear that the rain abated (still can't believe that you
can get 19 rainy days out of 21 in Namibia O-/ ) \O

Lovely idea regarding the birds! That's how I operate with my
lifers. No pic - no lifer. Un-ID-able blurred - no lifer :twisted:

Ready for more!

0() 0() 0()

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
nan

Post by nan »

classed matter !... I'm ready 0()

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

LOOKS GOOD ,keep them coming 0() 0()

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography

Return to “Travel Tales of Namibia Parks”