Camping Discussions: Places and Experiences

Information & Discussions on Camping
Polentswa

Re: Kruger Camping - current rules and possible changes

Post by Polentswa »

Richprins wrote:An obsession with long-drop toilets?....ladies hate them! :twisted:

LOL =O: only those who LONG for tiled private bathrooms in smart Kruger camps camping areas...My wife doesn't really enjoy the basic ones but far prefers them to walking over a dune with spade and roll lol

This would work in Kruger at my WISHED for unfenced 'exclusive 4x4 ' camp..This is the Rupara community run campsite..4 FAR remote from each other campsites run by the community each with a structure with a septic tank flush loo , open air shower and dish washing place on the unfenced boundary to Namibia's 'Okavango' Mamili National Park...in Caprivi..totally awesome and accessed by 4x4 on Sandy tracks in the dry season and waterlogged tracks in the rainy season..lions every night!!!..Imagine a camp like this in Kruger along the Phugwane River (a Tributary of the Shingwedzi ...far from any tar roads and other tourist tracks

Another example of a private camping set up for a remote area in Kruger and Kgalagadi...this is the only camping spot (1 vehicle) at the HUGE ultra picturesque Namib Rand Conservation area in Namibia ...same thing private ablutions on your own but I say in the large crowded Kruger camps communal Bathrooms are great social places and private setups just contribute to yet more bricking and paving of an already far over developed Kruger ...This area of Nam is the best place in Africa for landscape photography IMO

Mabuasehube and Caprivi are calling
Dewi

Re: Camping Discussions: Places and Experiences

Post by Dewi »

Hi Polentswa,

Can you resize the last pic in the above post to 800 pixels max please.

Cheers. X#X

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Hi Polentswa,

I have removed the large image for the time being. Please re edit and replace it with the correct sized image.

Thanks. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And on the previous page, Tinypic has replaced one of your photos with something else, Polentswa. 0*\

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Camping”