Yet Another Quick "Business" Trip to Kruger .

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Yet Another Quick "Business" Trip to Kruger .

Post by Richprins »

What a bucolic sighting, Rog! O/\ ^Q^ X#X <dop>

I LOVE the pic of the dogs spread along the winding road, and get now that a return to S118 was fortuitous! O:V

Quite a big pack, and a hunt no less!

Thanks so much for the videos, they show great behavioural stuff!

Maybe put them up under wild dog? :ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

The Klipspringer is so adorable [InLuv] , and there aren't enough words to describe such a fabulous wild dog interaction O\/ O\/ O\/ 0()

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Lisbeth wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:19 pm What a brilliant wild dog sighting O\/ O\/ O\/ The water must have been delicious after their passage lol lol
\O :yes: the one even went to the toilet while they were bathing in it lol
Richprins wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:59 pm What a bucolic sighting, Rog! O/\ ^Q^ X#X <dop>

I LOVE the pic of the dogs spread along the winding road, and get now that a return to S118 was fortuitous! O:V

Quite a big pack, and a hunt no less!

Thanks so much for the videos, they show great behavioural stuff!

Maybe put them up under wild dog? :ty:
:yes: very good luck that we went back that way \O
ExFmem wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:43 pm The Klipspringer is so adorable [InLuv] , and there aren't enough words to describe such a fabulous wild dog interaction O\/ O\/ O\/ 0()
:ty: ExFemem

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

So after the S118 excitement we decided to cut across the S120 Steilberg to get to our next camp Berg en Dal .

On the way up the mountain we found a strange sight .A young ellie was on a cliff ledge trying to eat some wild figs ontop of the tree while mom was under neath the ledge eating from the tree .

We reached camp without further major sightings and checked into one of the V units .It was very overgrown with vegetation and luckily for us a tree had come down it looked fairly recent and cleared a section of the growth from our unit Infront of the fence .If we had been in any neighboring units there would not be any V(view) that we paid for O**

There also was basically 0 cell phone signal which on holiday would not be an issue but as this was a working trip this caused me major issues as one of my client sites had sent me a message that they went offline and I urgently needed to use the internet to check on their system .We tried to go to the restaurant area to see if there was WiFi but a big sign said NO WIFI .and the cell signal was no better there ,SO also nearly stepped on a black snake that came out onto the path by the restaurants so she was not a happy camper . On top of it the water was not working and when we spoke with the night guard he said they were trying to find the problem still :-( O/ .So our first night at BnD was not a very happy stay .

We however were out the gate early and got onto the S25 where we found a breeding herd crossing the road .

and also this little guy looking for bugs for breakfast

we cut across onto the S119 as I had an idea to try work at Gardenia hide the scenery was great apart from the toilet paper O/

Unfortunately the signal at the hide although better than the camp was not quite fast enough for a remote session so we left to try park close to the outside world .

At the pond past the hide a breeding herd was drinking

I finally parked on the Malelane camp road and did the work I needed .We returned to camp and found the water was on again so we did breakfast .

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Look at the teeth of the dwarf mongoose :shock:

Too bad to be without water and WiFi. It will not last long before we will have an Internet connection all over. Not so with the water O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Some goodies to see, and a unique pic of the mongoose teef! :shock:

B&Dal is the only camp where we have given up reporting on maintenance issues, Rog! :evil: O/ 0*\

But water came on, so food pic! ..0..

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Berg en Dal used to be a very efficient camp if I don't error -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:19 am Look at the teeth of the dwarf mongoose :shock:

Too bad to be without water and WiFi. It will not last long before we will have an Internet connection all over. Not so with the water O**
:yes: cant wait for the Starlink satellite internet service to start will be able to work from anywhere without the worry of signal O**
Richprins wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:59 pm Some goodies to see, and a unique pic of the mongoose teef! :shock:

B&Dal is the only camp where we have given up reporting on maintenance issues, Rog! :evil: O/ 0*\

But water came on, so food pic! ..0..
/ou/ still need to get into remembering the pics of food . Will try harder in future lol
Lisbeth wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:22 pm Berg en Dal used to be a very efficient camp if I don't error -O-
We have only camped there once many moons ago and they seemed quite good then . I do notice allot of HR work being done with posts online about cutting the grass etc things you really think that the park would be doing IMHO :O^ The unit itself was clean and seemed in good condition apart from a musty smell I suspect is from the over grown state .

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It always comes down to the lack of supervision O/

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

After refreshing at camp I tried to take a pic of a Squirel in the thick growth to the side but it was too fast but you can see the kind of view that some of the other units had of the fence 0*\

We decided to drive the S110 sand loop as we had heard there was some Lions there and then go up to Afsaal then decide on a route from there .
We found the Lions doing what they do best during the day .

So we left them to sleep and decided to check back on them later . We came across one of these little fellow something we seem to do fairly often these days .

This Ground hornbill had found its Lunch

And this big ellie had had a mud bath and was also snoozing a bit while eating occasionally

We stopped in at Afsaal for a break and while there looked at the sightings board .I joked with my SO look someone stuck a Cheetah marker right here at Afsaal .Wish people would not let their kids play around with the boards . We drove out Afsaal and turned left into a traffic jam .What was going on we asked a car .A cheetah had just run across the road 0*\ :o0ps: We joined the cars and managed to get a few far off snaps in between the trees of it before it disappeared into the thick tree line right at Afsaal

We carried on to the S114 ad turned down towards Malelane side .Close to the river we found a couple of cars stopped and there was some more Lions doing Lion things .

It eventually rolled over and decided the tree was too close so she moved off a bit into the open.

The rest of the pride were in the far bushes also doing Lion things

We decided to leave them be and carried on our drive .

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”