Richprins
Committee Member

Re: The Great Escape

Post by Richprins »

Lions lions lions! :-0 :-0

Even on the beach! \O

That leopard also looks battered, Peej! lol

Sounds like lots of cars there on Eloff Street... O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Catching up again .

^Q^ Wow awesome Lion Pics again \O

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW PJL,

what luck your had with all these cat shots :-0 Fantastic lion and leopard sighting O\/ O\/ O\/

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Okay, I fell off the waggon once again due to work commitments 0*\

But I see, I haven't missed much... leopards and lions kept showing up for you (the latest must be no. 15 then?) and generally you were extremely lucky again. However, I'm also sure that your whole family got eagle eyes and will spot things others miss. Just need to think of the "Can you see the animal" quiz lol

Awesome photos! They got such a fantastic depth in them that they almost appear to be 3D. And very crisp and excellent light balance. ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
PJL

Post by PJL »

Lisbeth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:51 am Great lion shots and lots of lions ^Q^ ^Q^
whilst others were content to drive in a procession behind the cats. \O
Did you mean foolish enough... O** lol

What kind of animal is the one with the strange spots all over :-?

Or you are cheating, which I exclude, because I think that you are a very honest and correct person, or you must be one of the luckiest ones going to the parks :shock: :shock: O\/ O\/
Thanks Lis... yep some people in the following procession weren't quite with it lol
Richprins wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:47 pm Lions lions lions! :-0 :-0

Even on the beach! \O

That leopard also looks battered, Peej! lol

Sounds like lots of cars there on Eloff Street... O-/
Very much a lion day this RP... actually a cat day I suppose what with the old leopard as well O**
RogerFraser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 pm Catching up again .

^Q^ Wow awesome Lion Pics again \O
Thanks Roger - was nice to have them pop out into the open and close to us X#X
Pumbaa wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 pm WoW PJL,

what luck your had with all these cat shots :-0 Fantastic lion and leopard sighting O\/ O\/ O\/
Yep we sure had luck with the cats Pumbaa... thanks for the comments O0
Mel wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 am Okay, I fell off the waggon once again due to work commitments 0*\

But I see, I haven't missed much... leopards and lions kept showing up for you (the latest must be no. 15 then?) and generally you were extremely lucky again. However, I'm also sure that your whole family got eagle eyes and will spot things others miss. Just need to think of the "Can you see the animal" quiz lol

Awesome photos! They got such a fantastic depth in them that they almost appear to be 3D. And very crisp and excellent light balance. ^Q^
Ermmm... yes number 15 indeed! We certainly were very lucky this trip without doubt... but I think we've become a bit better at spotting leopards over time \O

PJL

Post by PJL »

Saturday July 17th contd

We left the congestion of the lion sighting and carried on up to the Nwatimhiri bridge where there were yet more lion parking off :shock: O/\

Most of them seemed in great condition except one scrawnier one with a wonky tail lol

It appeared that there were more lion somewhere up from the riverbank in the bushes based on the attention of those in the riverbed

I’m not sure if the lion had dug out this small drinking hole or if it was left over by elephants -O-
Either way, it seemed a bit of a strange place to drink given that there was plenty of water in pools in the riverbed

Moving on from the lions we found some hippo out the water at the next small dam

On past Nkuhlu there was another hippo who had a passenger who had apparently forgotten to disembark earlier in the morning =O: =O:

Nearer Skukuza there was a troop of vervets busy grooming the kids, as well as a nice nyala ram O:V

We popped onto Alpha loop before heading back to camp and enjoyed a good size herd of buffalo and some distant flat-out spots in the riverbed O\/

Lastly there were some warthog enjoying a snooze and the attention of some oxpeckers \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The expression of the vervet kid is priceless lol

Also the passenger who missed the last water stop is hilarious =O: =O: Like some people falling asleep in the bus/train returning from work, who end up at the terminal 0*\

"Dead" leopards don't count :no:

The one lion looks miserable :-(

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Brilliant installment, Peej! ^Q^

=O: =O: The terrapin!

And a plethora of cats! :shock: (You know what a plethora is?)

The first scrawny lion pic is great as there is a difference in lighting on the centre lion? -O- [O]

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Richprins wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:52 pm

And a plethora of cats! :shock: (You know what a plethora is?)
I do! ^0^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

:shock: More Lions.

We also saw elephants doing similar along the H7 near Orpen preferring to drink from the dugout holes rather than the open water pools .Suspect the pools water is not the cleanest so they prefer the sand filtered water .

That Terrapin is =O: =O: should go in the fumy animal pics competition for sure lol

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”