Addo 2020

Information & Discussions on Addo Elephant National Park
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Addo 2020

Post by Richprins »

The inside of the mouth! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Right... there was Jack and Jill. Sorry to hear that Jill has disappeared though.
And even more sorry about Jack feeling lonely. Maybe Addo management should consider relocating him before he tries to do that himself
only to end up shot for being a persistent offender :no:

(This was the gist of my previous post and I still have no idea what the bad word was that blocked it.)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I had two posts blocked yesterday and wrote to Hoststar after the second one. ( The first one went through after a while). Must have something to do with the change of server -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
PJL

Post by PJL »

We managed an afternoon cruise through the park last weekend. Jack has been seen in the north quite a bit lately so we went directly up to the north entrance in the hope that we might find him.

It had rained overnight and so many of the animals had vanished into the bush, but we found a lone elephant wandering along Gorah loop X#X

There wasn't any sign of Jack around his usual haunt of Nzipondo loop, but we did have a close-up of a pale chanting goshawk, a lone meerkat and a nice big tortoise ^Q^

The park was otherwise really rather quiet, with just a few kudu to keep us entertained

But that all changed on Ngulube loop. We spotted lions up on a hillside and then no sooner had we arrived than they got up and walked down to us O/\ O\/ O/\

Duffy...

Dawn...

Josie had a bash to her eye a while back and it turned pale, but now it's all swollen and red so I presume it's infected or something. Really not very nice for her -O- 0:

Duffy went off to have cuddles with her mom Josie

Whilst Dawn settled down right behind our car O:V

Alf

Post by Alf »

Poor lion

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Awesome lion shots, PJL :-0

but the rest of what you saw was also Incredible - WoW :ty:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
PJL

Post by PJL »

Dawn & Duffy seemed to be in half-hunting mode and fairly quickly continued walking along Ngulube in the direction of the main waterhole, but after a bit moved up a hillside apparently in search of something to eat

There was a bit of a zebra commotion at one point but the girls were nowhere near catching them so they came back down to the road just as Josie was trying to figure out where they had disappeared to.

Duffy came back very close to us O\/

Dawn followed shortly after and they crossed the road licking their lips at some of the tourists ^0^

PJL

Post by PJL »

As the girls continued on their march towards Ngulube waterhole we managed to get in front of them and enjoyed having them walk towards us multiple times. There was only one other car so it was a great relaxed sighting O/\ O/\

Eventually they got to the waterhole and flopped down again.

We decided to leave them there as they didn't seem like they would be going anywhere quickly... our last notable sighting of the day was a caracal near the end of Ngulube. It's the first we've seen in years, and was very shy so we weren't quite quick enough to get any photos before it dashed away... still a really great afternoon trip through the park \O

Alf

Post by Alf »

Amazing short trip through the park

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Awesome, PJL :-0

They do look extreme powerful ^Q^

PuMbAa