Addo and the Frontier Parks - Two-timing the KTP (March 2012) *

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Addo and the Frontier Parks - Two-timing the KTP

Post by Mel »

It was also time to say farewell to our Aussie friends. We had had the times of our life but now we had part again. :evil: These three days had passed just way too fast. Writing this makes me all teary again, so I reckon I’ll just move on and say that we happily accepted the invitation to come to Oz! 2014 roll on! ^Q^

Neither SO nor I felt like game viewing after we our painful and pretty wet goodbyes from Mel and Dad...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

But the ellie a Gwarrie Pan (Ronnie, is that correct?) was very insisting so I eventually started to warm with my camera again:

Sorry for the overload, but I so like the colours and the reflection… :o0ps:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

On a mission:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

It had been a healing sensation as I wasn’t as neglecting towards the critters anymore as before.
Some sea views:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

A kudu was granted a fleeting shot as well:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And some ostriches:

I kinda have the feeling that it was indeed the period of annual colon examinations.

Just short of having a pooped day…

And one with a bit too many bodies and too little necks and heads…

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Our first sighting of a steenbok in Addo would also mark the last sighting in the park.

Good bye, Addo and thanks heaps for treating us so kindly! O\/

Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Hi Mel,

Quote "the ellie at Gwarrie Pan (Ronnie, is that correct?)"

Yes that is Gwarrie Pan....beautiful reflections of the ellie in the morning sun and of the ships in Algoa Bay \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Seeing that Pops has boarded, I reckon it’s time for an interlude… Some of you know by now that SO and I never travel alone. No matter where we go. We always have two passengers on the backseat. While bobbyb guards the Image and tries to Image it against Pops which usually results in some Image in the rear. The latter tries to lure me into Image. Should I try to resist her Image, it usually ends with lots of Image and Image for myself and SO – no matter what we have found for Pops to Image throughout the day. - Image
Anyhoo. So, Pops is using all her Image and Image to make sure she is granted her deepest desires - Image But when SO and I decide Image in terms of sharing our padkos, we get a Image followed by a Image on a good day and Image on the not so good ones. So we let bobbyb open the Image and allow Pops to get out some Image. Once having gained access to the food department it’s getting really critical in the car. After having seen all the cooled goodies, Pops pushes bobbyb out of the way Image and claims Image. You don’t wanna live to see the ending of it. All good things come to an end and once the Image is eaten up, the motions on the backseat go from a silent, but clearly reproachful Image to a loudly uttered Image merging immediately with Image right into Image. First attempts to get Pops to Image is regularly answered with a Image and it takes a good Image before Image is restored again and the trip can continue.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Mountain Zebra
30/03/2012

Mountain Zebra greeted us with thick clouds. :)^

We had just finished unpacking the car when the rain started to pour down. But it didn’t help, we needed to get out again on a short drive to see at least a bit of the park.

Return to “Travel Tales of Addo Elephant National Park”