Counter Poaching Efforts

Information & discussion on the Rhino Poaching Pandemic
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Rhino Poaching

Post by Richprins »

Don't know how bright it is to reveal all those details, but good luck! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
iNdlovu

Post by iNdlovu »

:O^ I think Rey has just signed the folkhound's (foxhound) death warrant

Man was placed in charge and given the duty of caring for all creation, are we doing it?
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

SANParks spokesman Reynold Thakhuli said anti-poaching techniques had improved
as corporations and law enforcement agencies joined the fight.
So finally all these years later we put aside self esteem to admit that before all was out of
control!!!!!????,... took many years and the loss of many rhino's!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Nothing against Mr Thakhuli...but poaching has still increased... O**

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

A lot of true words that have been said.

Just to bad that it is coming out of the mouth of someone who does not know the true meaning of what he is saying.

O/ O/

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
Bush Brat

Letters to Zuma... Lets stop Rhino Poaching Once and For All

Post by Bush Brat »

There is a nonprofit organization called One More Generation (OMG) which was founded by two elementary students back in 2009. The goal of the young founders is to help save endangered species and clean up our environment for at least One More Generation... and beyond.

OMG founders Olivia (age 10) and her brother Carter (age 11.5) are working on a letter writing campaign where they are trying to get 1,000 kids (and adults) from all over the world to send letters addressed to the President of South Africa asking him to get more involved with stopping poaching of Rhino's for their horn.

Unless the South African government quickly gets involved, the Rhino species is guaranteed to go extinct in our lifetime. This is an amazing opportunity to show kids (and adults) of all ages that they can make a difference, and if successful they can someday tell their kids that they were instrumental in saving this species from extinction.

You can read more on the site at the link below. The goal is to collect 1,000 letters and personally deliver them to the President of SA early next year.

http://onemoregeneration.org/2012/07/20 ... dent-zuma/

Flutterby

Re: Letters to Zuma... Lets stop Rhino Poaching Once and For

Post by Flutterby »

Have you sent your letter Brat? ;-)

Toko

Post by Toko »

Kids go Image for rhinos! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Image Image Image

Bush Brat

Post by Bush Brat »

Hey guys.....here is the letter that I sent to President Zuma.....hope you like it!! \O

Dear President Zuma,

My name is Alessandro Gueli and my passion in life is wildlife. Everyday I hear of another rhino being poached for its horn. As I write this letter a rhino is being killed, harmed or taken away from its loving family, which upsets me tremendously!! I have been lucky enough to see a fair amount of rhinos in the wild, but will my grandchildren, or even my children be able to say the same?? The Asian people are the biggest buyers of rhino horn, this is because they believe it has special medicinal value.....this theory is utterly and completely WRONG!! How many more rhinos have to be killed before the Asian people see that this a pointless task and when will the government do something about it?! I would suggest that the government should be stricter on rhino poachers and ban the trade of rhino horns. Another solution to resolve this problem would be to put poison on the rhino horn so that when the Asian people use this "medicine" they will get exactly what they deserve for killing these beautiful animals! The government could even go to Asia and create awareness groups and educate them on the truth! I would not only like rhino poaching to stop but the poaching of all animals in S.A. like cheetahs, wild dogs, lions and elephants. Imagine there being a Big 4 instead of Big 5! We have to do something about this serious problem, and fast because before we know it they will all be gone!!

Alessandro Gueli, Age 13.

Return to “Rhino Management and Poaching”