A Weekend in Grietjie

Sprocky

Re: A Weekend in Grietjie

Post by Sprocky »

Plot 126 used to be a vegetable farm years ago, it's the biggest of all the plots.

The river plots are 10-12 hectares and the rest vary from 20 -30 hectares.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Dindingwe wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm Looks great ! That's must be fun to have a house in a reserve.

Do the animals roam freely between all the plots or are they restricted to only one part of the reserve ?
The animals are free to move anywhere. You are allowed to put up a fence in close proximity to your dwelling. We have already had plenty anumals in the fenced area, including Leopard and Elephant. Already had all the other big 5 on our plot as well as Wild dog. We have Hyaena here regularly as well, but the best visitor so far has been the Black Rhino.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Whooo...this looks like a bit of a dronkword place...and not for us poor people... :no:

But absolutely marvelous! O/\

And huge baths! O\/

Does Tony know you are showing these details, Flutts? --00--

The unfinished concrete inside looks nice and cool, and very clever the 1 way glass! ..0..

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Sprocky wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:01 pm Plot 126 used to be a vegetable farm years ago, it's the biggest of all the plots.

The river plots are 10-12 hectares and the rest vary from 20 -30 hectares.
:ty: They are pretty big O/\ O/\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

lovely \O
^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lisbeth wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:55 pm How big are the plots? Approximately.... I can see that some are bigger than others, but the medium size apart from 1 to 18 and 113 to 117, which are smaller.
Their plot is 21 hectares...so quite big.
Lisbeth wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:59 pm It looks very nice inside and as a whole very functional too \O (apart from a shower cabin missing, but maybe some of the rooms have one ;-) )
The shower is at the end in front of the window. ;-)
Richprins wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 pm Does Tony know you are showing these details, Flutts? --00--

The unfinished concrete inside looks nice and cool, and very clever the 1 way glass! ..0..
Yes he does. ;-)

I also like the concrete, although it isn't completely unfinished...they've done something to it to give it streaks and different colours. \O
Dindingwe wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm Looks great ! That's must be fun to have a house in a reserve.
I would also love to have a place in a reserve! :yes:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

That looks amazing!!! What a treat you got there, Flutts :-0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

We did indeed Mel. :yes:

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Venturing a bit further away from the house.

I really liked the dead trees used as art. :yes:

Tony had to dig the driveway himself from the main road to their property which is not a short distance and is at quite an incline. My car battled a bit to get up and we dug up half their gravel when we reached the top! O**

Tony had just finished building this little waterhole the day before we got there.

Anita showed me two frogs which have taken up residence. One on top of some gadget...

...the other inside the gas braai, which they have moved a couple of times, but it keeps returning! 0-

We moved it again, and this time it stayed away from the braai. :-0

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Good stuff, Flutts! \O

Amazing how the frogs can change colour. :-0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Limpopo Parks”