Wi-Fi in Camps

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
nan

Re: Wi-Fi in Camps

Post by nan »

Mel wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 pm I don't use it -O- There would have been plenty of opportunities by now. O**
Still, I personally don't like even the possibility O**

To be honest: I do appreciate live reports from parks (of course I'm mainly
talking about those from the KTP) but I cannot understand how one can
"ruin" the holidays by being online every night 0:
:yes:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Knowing how things work in SA, I would feel safer knowing that in case I can get in contact with the rest of the world and if staying for a long time, to know what is happening. Not for fun! I have tried what it means to be completely at the mercy of people who do not care if you are dead or alive and I can assure you, that it is not a nice feeling O-/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Just another idea purported by commercialization!!

Heh,.. H.e
stefan9

Post by stefan9 »

Proper connections. I want wildlife + proper connections, inside and outside the camps.

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

I have no issues with it. I have to work when in park and battle with cell signal ( I would rather be in park working than in office, so it helps make my holiday instead of detracting from it) I carry an MTN and Vodacom sim to check who has better signal in different camps, some camps I can’t go to as signal is so bad. Think we have to be aware that some people can work remotely provided they have signal. As for the apps, that is a persons behaviour, stopping the apps is not going to stop their behaviour.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It will not stop bad behaviour, but maybe avoid having everybody at the same sighting.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

People all being at same sighting is because some people park off for hours at a sighting without giving others an opportunity, that boils down to people’s selfish behaviour again,not app. People are in different places and different distances and different times when the notice comes through so you can’t all be at sighting at same time unless people don’t move on.

You will have the same problems if you take apps away, the people who hog a sighting will still be hogging sightings and the more people being allowed in is going to compound it. If more sightings are reported their is more chance of spreading the hoggers over more sightings in my opinion.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I am sure that you know it better than I do \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RobertT wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:17 pm People all being at same sighting is because some people park off for hours at a sighting without giving others an opportunity, that boils down to people’s selfish behaviour again,not app. People are in different places and different distances and different times when the notice comes through so you can’t all be at sighting at same time unless people don’t move on.

You will have the same problems if you take apps away, the people who hog a sighting will still be hogging sightings and the more people being allowed in is going to compound it. If more sightings are reported their is more chance of spreading the hoggers over more sightings in my opinion.
Agreed Robert \O

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”