Kruger Camp Sites

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
somabhula

Kruger Camp Sites

Post by somabhula »

Not sure where to post this so here goes. Looking at the other forum it appears that as from November 2017 all camp sites in Kruger camps are to be demarcated and numbered (like Tsendze) and perimeter sites with power and views are to be more costly. Have no problem per se with demarcated and numbered sites but shade??
distance to ablutions blocks?? Noisy partygoers???

Mods move if necessary 0/*

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll
RobertT

Re: Kruger Camp Sites

Post by RobertT »

They starting with Shingwedzi from Nov as a test I think. Am hoping someone comes to their senses and realizes this is a bad idea. All sites are different and each camper chooses a site that suits his set up. O/ O/ O/ They can demarcate sites but leave it as a first come first served basis.

somabhula

Re: Kruger Camp Sites

Post by somabhula »

Trip to Kruger 2016.

Punda We had a fence site, but up from the waterhole, late night drivers headlights on bright!, but some people came and set up two sites away towards the ablutions side and they put their tent in the road?? (so basically had two sites)

Shingwedzi shady site about in the middle of the camp so distance to ablutions and kitchen/wash up area (shade in short supply)

Satara shady site away from the fence, weekend party goers, only booked two sites took up at least 4 and encroached over the ablution block entrance, a few went on a drive, the rest drank themselves silly.

Crocodile Bridge demarcated sites, caravan on the site behind us (he had a motor mover as well, 20 plus moves to get his van on site and he still encroached. I could have put two caravans on the site he had and still would have had room!

Pretoriuskop , had to go onto the top camping area as lots of wash-away on the lower side.Campers taking up two sites plus, and noise.

Only once did we see Sanparks staff checking permits and that was at Satara (I believe there were numerous complaints re the partygoers).

I don't mind demarcated sites, but they need to sort the electrical connections first. We needed our 30metre and 10metre at Punda and Singwedzi. Fine when its quiet
but when its busy???

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”