My Dream of Many Years Come True...Almost!

Flutterby

Re: My Dream of Many Years Come True...Almost!

Post by Flutterby »

lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The end of the adventure

There is not really much more to say. I passed the morning packing and when the time to leave arrived, Vincent got my small suitcases and put them on board the “Osprey”. It was time to say goodbye, leave the easy life behind and return to reality....unfortunately :-(
IMG_6093.JPG
I joined Vincent on the safari boat and off we went on the last crossing of the lagoon.
IMG_6095.JPG
The OSV was waiting to take us to the airfield.
IMG_6097.JPG
IMG_6098.JPG

We arrived but we did not really know exactly at what time the aeroplane would arrive, as it had to pass by several camps before picking up little me.

I had noticed arriving that there was always a car and men in place at the middle of the runway. I suppose in case of an accident -O-
IMG_6099.JPG
Vincent went off for a walk, most likely thinking about his future and what he could do in order to make it a successful one. He is married with two children and his family lives in Maun. It is not an easy life for a person with a family. They are working for three months and then they have two weeks off. The whole staff is always working seriously; when someone has time they are all working where there is a need for a helping hand, even cleaning the runway of the weeds.
IMG_6100.JPG
In the meantime, I had a closer look at the only thing around, a knob-thorn tree.
IMG_6101 Knobthorn.JPG
IMG_6102.JPG
IMG_6103.JPG

My nose told me that there was also something else and a Common Dotted –bordered butterfly revealed a heap of dung ;-)
IMG_6106 Common Dotted Border.JPG

My ears told me that the plane was arriving. They are small but quite noisy

IMG_6108.JPG
Gloser
IMG_6109.JPG
And gloser

IMG_6110.JPG

Vincent and I shared a big hug and onboard the sardine tin I went :O^

The odyssey had begun or rather continued: A safari boat, an OSV, five different flights, a bus and a taxi and after approximately 36 hours I was home Image

Almost home! The below must be the Alps of the Italian Aosta Valley....I think -O-
IMG_6113.JPG
IMG_6114.JPG
But in spite of everything, the car rental trouble, the pains at the pulse, the stomach bug etc. in SA, the hotel/airport difficulties, the Botswana Airways mess.......Whatever happens, apart from once O-/ , the benefits and enrichment of the spirit, the nice people that you meet, make up for it all :yes: :yes: O\/ O\/

My hope is, that there will be something to tell again, next year Image

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Post by Alf »

Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip with us. Think we all really enjoyed it

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely memories, Lis. Thank you! O0 O0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

What an airfield. Doesn't really instil faith lol

And what a trek with all those stop overs and different means of transportation O-/

But you made it back in one piece and are happy to plan again for next your, so it can't have been THAT bad O0

Thank you for sharing this particular adventure with us. I enjoyed your time in Bots 0/0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Maybe the people are on the runway to keep animals off, Lis? ..0..

Huge knobthorn, but maybe another species? :-?

Thanks for this magic trip, and I think it was very good for you to return and complete your mission! :yes:

Well done all round! :ty: 0/0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

This a magnificent giant knob-thorn O:V

Pitty that you did not go on a gamedrive to the hinterland to see some antelope, but the river scenery is also unique.

Thanks for showing us this remote part of the Okavango region ^Q^

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

For sure you had a wonderful time there, Lisbeth \O \O \O

I guess it was more than worth to spend such a relaxing time there O\/ O\/ O\/ and I am confident that there will be something to tell again next year \O O/\ O\/

Thanks so much :-0 O0

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de

Return to “Travel Tales of Botswana Parks”