Pilanesberg - Where to find leopard and lion?

Information & Discussions on Planesberg
Amoli

Re: Pilanesberg - Where to find leopard and lion?

Post by Amoli »

OD - In Bakgatla camp there is a computer just inside the office at the door. While we were registering, four groups entered their sightings.
I believe it is an ongoing process : on your return from a drive you stop and enter it on the computer. The info you retrieve from the computer is where the sighting is/was and was seen by how many peeps and on how many consecutive days. (I like that system)

At Bakubung I saw a sighting board outside similar to Kruger boards with the multi coloured pins.

Amoli

Post by Amoli »

Apologies for using your thread OD ...

but I feel I owe more detail regarding 'favours' :oops:

One of the snr family members turned 90 (male) and it was organized that the wardens would
take the family out to what used to be the farm Driefontein. A warden was needed to escourt the party,
in order to leave the main road and pass through a cutting to the "back" where mealies used to be planted.
It was quite a big party that went out that day. 8-)
I have no idea whether I am at liberty to tell this story - but ohhhh myyy, just to put your minds to rest... :oops: :oops:

I'm still a good girl..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

There is a resident leopard in a culvert under the road on the Korwe Link about 400 metres from Tshwene Drive.

But again, it is all about being in the right place at the right time.

Good luck.

Return to “Pilanesberg Game Reserve”