Important information for Imageshack Users

All the information you need to enjoy this forum. (FAQ's & How To's)
Flutterby

Important information for Imageshack Users

Post by Flutterby »

From next year Imageshack will no longer be free of charge.
Hey guys, I am ImageShack’s CEO. Just wanted to say few words on the subject discussed. We have offered free uploading and image hosting to the world for 10 years, from 2004 to 2014.

After long deliberation, we decided that in order for us to run viable business we must increase quality, speed, add new features, listen to our users, make photo storage safe (e.g. not lose images), which meant ultimately removing ads from our site. That being the case, left only one option: revenue must be derived from subscriptions. We understand that some people simply would not be willing to pay, and will leave ImageShack, however there was simply no other choice. Either we degrade quality of the service for All users by forcing more ads on you – that ultimately something we decided not to do.

Now I know I know, there there are plenty of free image hosts out there, like photobucket, imgur, flickr etc… They all have ads, track your data, sell it to the highest bidder. For them you are the product. This is no longer the case for ImageShack.

The fact of the matter is that concentrating on smaller number of paying users allows us to deliver better quality and experience, while actually making our business more viable, so that is what we decided to do in 2014.

We never asked anything form our users, but this year, we are sending a message “Help us survive!” a couple of bucks per month is all we need to continue to support you, make beautiful galleries (like this one https://imageshack.com/user/fishkov), run unlimited storage with unlimited bandwidth.

-Magnito

How will the new ImageShack work if you're an existing customer?

Simply login to the new site and all your current images and albums will be there. ImageShack is moving to a premium service model. Starting February 1st 2014 all old accounts, that do not have a premium or pro subscription, will be given a free trial period of 30 days to try the new ImageShack. After the free trial period ends, all old accounts that would like to continue using ImageShack services will need to subscribe to one of the offered premium subscription plans.

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Important information for Imageshack Users

Post by Richprins »

Is it 2014 or 2016...? :-?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I'm sure that should be 2016. \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If you read properly, 2014 is right ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

2014 is correct. After that you had to register to use Image Shack. And now this is the next step.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Africa Wild Forum Information”