AW Social media

All the information you need to enjoy this forum. (FAQ's & How To's)

Adding linking & sharing forum posts on a social media platform like Facebook / Twitter?

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2015 11:29 am

I prefer that we dont link to any social platforms leave the forums separate from social media platforms .
19%
I think that this change should be made to the forums to allow sharing of posts on social media platforms.
44%
I dont have a clear opinion on either choice .
38%

Total votes: 16

RogerFraser
Site Admin

AW Social media

Post by RogerFraser »

0/* Greenies
We have been investigating adding more social media links to the forums .We have started by making our existing forum social media channels available as links on the forum and creating an AW twitter feed . The next stage would involve a modification that will allow for sharing of topics by registered users onto their own social media platform for example sharing a topic link to Facebook .In aditon there would be a function to like a post . The main goal with this would be to keep up the interest in the forums as a means of sharing information and highlighting issues in conservation .It is without doubt the best way currently available to raise the AW profile ,to get more forum users participation and to have enough public participation for the issues that need to be tackled is to link to the popular social media platforms . A good example of the need for this is that our facebook group currently has over 2000 members while the forums have only 600 and only 175 of these have had any activity since January 2015 . Please remember that the forum is already on the world wide web so all the information and posts are already available to guests to see and read all posts on the forums.In addition we are often visited by google and Bing search engines who index the site and posts .

I am posting a poll to get the general feedback of the members to this change .

**Edit original Post to add a Poll **
0/* All

We have started a process of linking the Forums to social media accounts .As a start we have added links to the AW social media accounts these being our Face Book group , our YouTube Chanel and our new Twitter feed. We will be adding more functions to the forums to share topics and posts directly on your own social media accounts as well. We would appreciate any members that make use of these social media channels to add or follow us on these as well .

The twitter feed will mainly be used to promote news worthy events and new topic posts on the forums of special interest .

Twitter account is http://twitter.com/AfricaWildF
Face Book Group is http://www.facebook.com/groups/228623597183289/
YouTube is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLBYKQ ... VbLo0jGPXg

We will be posting links and news on these forums .If any members have videos they would like to show on the YouTube channel please PM any of the Committee or Mods. If there is any twitter events or news you feel we should be participating in such as the Anti Poaching tweets last week viewtopic.php?f=197&t=64&start=280 please PM any of the Committee or Mods.

:-)
Last edited by RogerFraser on Mon May 18, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flutterby

Re: AW Social media

Post by Flutterby »

Awesome Roger! ^Q^ \O

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

^Q^ Well done that man. \O

I guess that we will be "trending" before too long then. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

^Q^ ^Q^ Thanks Roger X#X

"Trending" :shock: :shock: Dewi is up with the times :shock: =O: =O: =O: --00--

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Thanks, Roger!

(Maybe PM Bushcraft and Roger first.... =O: )

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Tina

Post by Tina »

RogerFraser wrote:We will be adding more functions to the forums to share topics and posts directly on your own social media accounts as well.
does that mean that anyone can share my posts/pictures directly on her/his facebook account?

Will there be a like-button or something similar added as well?

10.03. - 24.03.2015 From Berg to bush
19.11. - 01.12.2015 KTP
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

0/*

Yes but only registered members should be able to access , we are hoping to add the social media modification that will allow sharing topics and possibly posts .

There will also be a like button that is a separate modification .

Tina

Post by Tina »

why don't the members have a say in whether they want this or not before it was established? :-( :-( :-(

10.03. - 24.03.2015 From Berg to bush
19.11. - 01.12.2015 KTP
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Hi

The topic and post linking has not yet been implemented all that is currently active are links on the forum to AW existing social platforms ,we have added a twitter account the next proposed modification is for the AW social linking of topics .

I am sure if you feel the need we could run a poll to get overall feelings on the next stage proposed . My input will be that the best way currently available raise the AW profile ,to get more users and to have enough public participation for the issues that need to be tackled is to link to the popular social media platforms .

nan

Post by nan »

RogerFraser wrote: If any members have videos they would like to show on the YouTube channel please PM any of the Committee or Mods.
not sure I understand correctly... I already have a lot of videos on youtube (channel ?) under my name... :-? :o0ps:
what is the advantage to send to you those videos (mods and others) :-?

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Africa Wild Forum Information”