Re: Muslim tourism: Religious facilities to be built in Kruger

Post by Richprins »

First of 5 Wudhu and Salaah Facilities Launched at Kruger National Park

Category: Latest News

Share this
inShare

Faizel Patel, Radio Islam News - 04-12-2018

(Twitter: @FaizelPatel143)

SANParks Glenn Phillips, Yusuf Dockrat & Ebrahim Dockrat SANParks Glenn Phillips, Yusuf Dockrat & Ebrahim Dockrat

After receiving a proposal nine years ago for a Muslim prayer area, The South African National Parks (SANParks) has officially launched its first wudhu and salaah facility in the Kruger National Park.

Located at the Skukuza camp, the new musallah features separate areas for men and women to make wudhu and read their salaah.

SANParks says there are also plans in place for wudhu and salaah facilities to be set up at the Lower Sabie, Satara, Tshokwane and Afsaal camps.

The historic project which was initiated by the SANParks Honorary Rangers Johannesburg South branch cost about 850k with various donors contributing to the project.

SANParks Glenn Philips says everyone has the right to religious freedom in South Africa and the Kruger National Park is adapting to be inclusive of all faiths.

“There are going to be those out there that say what about other religions? If other religions come forward and feel that there’s a need for them to have a facility, we will sponsor that as well.”

SANParks Honourary Rangers Yusuf Dockrat has urged Muslims who visit the Kruger National Park to look after the new musallah.

“This is a place of worship and should be treated as such. We ask that adherence to the basic rules be followed for this facility. We should all take our responsibility to ensure that it’s kept need and tidy and in a pure state.”

SANParks say there are also plans to build wudhu and salaah facilities in other national parks.

Wudhu means Ablution
Salaah means Prayer

http://www.radioislam.org.za/a/index.ph ... -park.html

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
harrys

Post by harrys »

I am speechless, how can one group of visitors get preferential treatment and others just have to be happy with it -O-

So if the Buddhist, satanist, Jew etc want to fund and build their own place of worship in the camps that will be allowed....... :shock: :-? 0-
Really not cool, I mean if I want to pray and read my bible I do it in my accommodation, what makes these people so special -O- :-?

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Muslim Tourism Religious Facilities for Kruger

Post by Richprins »

Richprins wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:48 am I confirmed with one of my schoolkids:

This is entirely self-funded, it seems, and they are quite chuffed. In the past they would use the lawn or what not for praying, or salaah. basically there will now be a prayer building near the main building at Skuks, just a room, which is more private. The Wudhu facility is ideally an adjacent room with taps and seats, depending on the availability of donations. There will not be an Imam required to call the people for prayers etc., and it is simply a practical thing.

I don't think a big deal needs to be made of this, especially as it is self-funded. (Donations have been made here in Nelspruit, for example.)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

I am a satanist and wants a place where i can slaughter cats :twisted:

Will they built a place like that -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I also asked myself, "what about all the other religions"? :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I think the demand is great in Kruger - many Muslim visitors. \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Shangoni Gate & Camps Kruger National Park

Post by Lisbeth »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 pm Next they will be building a Jewish Temple and a buddhist whatever it is called 0*\

Spiritual need not be religious. It is good for the spirit and that's it. Why should Kruger have anything religious? There should not even be a church. Where is it by the way? If you want to pray, you are free to do so, but without installations of any kind. It is wrong!!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Richprins wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:48 am I think the demand is great in Kruger - many Muslim visitors. \O
I would think there would be an even greater demand for Christian centres. -O-

Hundreds of years ago 0' when my brother and I were getting confirmed we had to go to church every Sunday. Before a trip to Kruger our priest told us we had to get a letter from 'the priest in Kruger' to say we'd attended church on Sunday! O** He'd obviously never been to Kruger before!! lol

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja! lol

I'm not sure of the technical requirements for Muslims?

Most Kruger camps have, or had, an early morning meeting with all staff, beginning with prayers.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Differently from other religions, the Muslims have a fixed time for prayers and many more Muslims than Christians or Jews or whatever are seriously observing the rules.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”