What is ruining your current Kruger experience?

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Bushcraft

What is ruining your current Kruger experience?

Post by Bushcraft »

Many of us have some major concerns about Kruger’s future and the “SANParks sustainable development plan” which in many ways resulted in the reason this forum started; however I’m interested in seeing what, if anything, is having a negative impact on current trips/visits.

The lack of correct management skills, unit maintenance, customer liaison skills, poorly maintained camp sites and electrical outlets, ablutions, fences, picnic sites, out of control chalet price increases, etc, etc, are all potential issues

Personally I can put up with much of the above as I’m happy to just be in Kruger; however the one thing which is totally ruining our Kruger experience south of Olifants is over crowding on the roads and at sightings. I believe that this is because of the number of day visitors and OSV’s, especially south of Tshokwane.

What’s your opinion and what, if anything, would you like to change immediately in Kruger for a more pleasurable holiday experience :-?

Obviously not a new SANParks board O** --00-- , but rather something current and practical.

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: What is ruining your current Kruger experience?

Post by Richprins »

I hate the lack of decent viewing spots at waterholes, especially as far as shade is concerned. Paying attention to this will take many vehicles off the roads, IMO! :yes:

And also stop closing tourist waterholes.... 0*\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
PJL

Post by PJL »

Kruger should be moved closer to my house... about the same distance away as Addo. It's just simply not convenient driving 15 hours to get there 0' =O:

I think the one thing which caused us issues while we were there was the problem with monkeys/baboons at some of the picnic sites. Once in Hwange I was chatting to the owners of a guest lodge which sometimes had problems from the local baboon troop. Whilst not diplomatic, their approach was simple - shoot the troop leader. This sent the entire troop away for the best part of 6 months while they figured out who the new leader would be and gave the lodge some peace and quiet. It might not be the kind of policy which SP wants to be associated with - killing an animal. But the reality is that it is culling, and that does already take place in some parks O** O**

Alf

Post by Alf »

I think they must give more attention to camps which are situated on rivers to chop down some trees and shrubs to make sure every tent or cottage has a proper view. For expample Tamboti tented camp, one would expect every luxuxry tent to have a proper view because you pay alot of money but when you get there you find out that your tent are blocked by trees and bushes.

Another camp comes to mind and it's Sirheni. Only the 6 bed cottages have proper views but when you book a 4 bed cottage none of them, accept no 15 have a view. Maybe it's something small but with Tamboti the tents are so close to the river you expect everyone to have a view. I suppose that was the reason behind building a camp all along the river. -O-

When visiting Lower Sabie in January one could see they made an effort to trim some trees along the fence in front of the river facing bungalows, so why not the other camps too? Or is it just poor management from other camps?

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

- Reservation office!! Too book is almost impossible. but to change a booking is impossible @#$

- Something I simply cannot accept is the bad maintenance of the accommodations!!!!

- Lack of common sense when it comes to equipment: Nowhere to hang the towels in the bathroom. The boiler that has to be placed in the sink in order to reach the outlet. No hangers. Fridge next to the bed etc. etc. etc.

- Overcrowded roads.

- Staff without training.

- Too many staff members with bad manners especially at restaurants and picnic sites, but also at reception.

Do you really want me to go on?

The stinking wild dogs.....for heavens sake can't they give them a bath from time to time 0*\ =O: =O: =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

The OSV Problem has been sorted, they will now be going in an hour earlier and leave an hour later and drive the no entry(Certain) roads according to what Glenn Phillips told the lowvelder. O**

nothing changed, i have not grown up yet.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Hello, Scips! O/\

Thanks for your persistence! X#X

OSV story here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5079&p=269385#p269385

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

What irks me, the subtle abuse and exploitation of a sacred place!!!

A good example, for one, would be to look at the donation factor re;
the waterhole concerns. Kruger Park is surrounded by idiots and therefore
natural freedom for ecological existence curtailed!!!

Many folks donated much to this factor, yet the beneficiary seems careless
in it's appreciation there off and not only that, they seem very short sighted
toward crisis situations,...I can very well understand the ecological implications
hardly do I appreciate their arrogance toward these gifts.

Their manner, despicable,..

Heh,.. H.e
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Once again the realms of arrogance persists!!!

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5079&p=269385#p269385

Their satisfaction will come first and before any other benevolence!!

They seem to believe that they behold the ultimate gift to mankind!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I have copied your comments on the OSV headline to the according thread here.

Would be great if we could keep the two topics separated (which doesn't exclude stating that OSVs spoil one's Kruger experiences, of course lol )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”