The Use of Laser Pointers in Kruger

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
RobertT

Re: The Use of Laser Pointers in Krugers

Post by RobertT »

Richprins wrote:
Sprocky wrote: I used to use one to point out stars to guests.
Quite a powerful laser! :shock: lol
Not necessarily, guest are about 2 - 3 meters away, shine it in their eyes and they see stars. =O: =O: =O: =O: \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

=O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O: =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, Rob...sometimes when I have guests who want to know a route, I shine my laser pointer onto White River from Nelspruit! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
leachy

Post by leachy »

RobertT wrote:
Richprins wrote:
Sprocky wrote: I used to use one to point out stars to guests.
Quite a powerful laser! :shock: lol
Not necessarily, guest are about 2 - 3 meters away, shine it in their eyes and they see stars. =O: =O: =O: =O: \O
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

the future is not what it used to be
Toko

Post by Toko »

I think a National Anti-Laser Attack Task Force would be good for job creation. An optimal addition to SANParks Social Investment Programme =O:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:-0 :-0 :-0

Alf

Post by Alf »

Must i bring my torch again RobertT??

=O: =O: =O:

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Polentswa

Re: The Use of Laser Pointers in Kruger

Post by Polentswa »

Bunch of raving idiots that OSV company

Mabuasehube and Caprivi are calling
Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Toko wrote:Is it written somewhere in the rules? -O- Not on my permit from 2014 0:
Its Common sense ..No lazers , Flashes and Spotlights in the faces or at any of the nocturnals like Coursers, Nightjars, Lions, Genets, Owls ...They have retinas that are 20 000 times more sensitive than humans and I know I have stars in my eyes for at least an hour after a camera flash at me ..No exceptions ..This safari company is a DISGRACE of note

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Polentswa wrote:
Toko wrote:Is it written somewhere in the rules? -O- Not on my permit from 2014 0:
Its Common sense ..No lazers , Flashes and Spotlights in the faces or at any of the nocturnals like Coursers, Nightjars, Lions, Genets, Owls ...They have retinas that are 20 000 times more sensitive than humans and I know I have stars in my eyes for at least an hour after a camera flash at me ..No exceptions ..This safari company is a DISGRACE of note.
It doesn't have to be written down anywhere like these actions shouldn't /don't have to be written down if you have a conscience:

- Smoking at Hides and look outs or at cramped sightings with your windows open so everyone in the vicinity enjoys a bit of passive smoking!!
- Throwing your stompies out anywhere in Park (Yet they are 'knee deep' in some places like camping sites and hides etc) . Someone said to me in defence of HIS smoking that he puts his stompies into a bottle of water...where does he throw the waste away ..It takes 15-20 years for a stompie to biodegrade
- NOT switching OFF engines at sightings. If you are not ok being close to ellies and HAVE to have your engine running maybe Kruger etc is not for you ..Pretoria Zoo has excellent safe viewing
- Using powerful spotlights at camp fences and night drives into the faces of carnivores/night creatures
- Just being plain stupid like staying at Tamboti and reporting 'Leopard's in camp' to the authorities and also same camp leaving food in the tents instead of the PROVIDED cages and spoiling it for future guests who do use the cages but have the tent trashed anyway..These Tamboti wannabes should stay at Satara rather or be day visitors
- Breaking tree branches in restcamps for firewood !!!! I have stopped many at Tsendze and Punda in my stays over the years.

All the above are not written anywhere and shouldn't have to be if you have a sense of place as to what Kruger is really about.

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”