Kruger Park Sightings IPHONE IPAD APP

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
ossendryver

Kruger Park Sightings IPHONE IPAD APP

Post by ossendryver »

Hi All!
KrugerSightings.com is pleased to announce exciting news!

Kruger Park Sightings - iPHONE / IPAD APP!
Available on the App Store

We are very excited in releasing the very first version of the app!

Please go and download it now for free!

Let us know what you think!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kruger-p ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Dzombo

Re: Kruger Park Sightings IPHONE IPAD APP

Post by Dzombo »

Excellent.
Installing it as we "speak"

Edit. Just hit a bit of a snag. It's over 20 meg. Will have to install it off my itunes account when I get home tonight.

ossendryver

Latest Kruger Sightings

Post by ossendryver »

Free iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch App
Search "Kruger Park Sightings"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackberry Group: 28079FA8
WhatsApp Group: 079 6646 029

Just send the following:

Your full name
How often you go to Kruger
Whatsapp/BBM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sightings shared from the Latest Sightings web site: http://www.LatestSightings.com
For Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/latestsightingskruger
For Twitter: https://twitter.com/latestkruger

Bushcraft

Sighting Chaos

Post by Bushcraft »

During the recent July holidays I experienced chaos at sightings like I have never seen in Kruger with the number of people at the sighting, people ignoring the general etiquette and rules at a sighting, people out their cars, etc, etc.

The fact that the old “magnet” sighting boards south of Satara haven’t been maintained many, including me, are making use the live sighting update sites, BBM groups, etc, which is inevitable due to the available technology.

The problem that I have encountered with this is that as more people become aware of electronic sighting updates, the more they are utilized and the more chaotic sightings are becoming.

For example:

I was in the Lower Sabie car park on the 12th and spotted a group people checking their phones and shouting at other family members to hurry up, so I checked the updates and spotted that a lion kill had been reported on the S82 just outside Lower Sabie, so as we were already in the car, I turned and ducked off in that direction.
About a km down the dirt the same group from the car park came past me doing about 70km/h in 2 separate cars.

The sighting was a joke because the lions were so far in the bush that one could only make out a shape every few minutes, but this didn’t deter people as OSV’s and the update gang arrived in force, so I chose to escape and duck back to Lower Sabie camp for the kids to use the loo, etc.

Just before the tar another update came though about a zebra kill on the S29, so we chose to head in that direction and the same thing happened with cars coming past me at speed on the S29.

Well I never made it to the kill, because my temper went after being stuck in a traffic jam for half an hour, so we left and headed back to Lower Sabie.

The pics below are from this “zebra” kill and check out the Sanparks vehicle also parked off with the driver out the car along with the rest of the gang. It took a private tour company operator to get people, including the Sanparks dude, back in their cars.

Do we all sit where we can get signal and then rush off when a sighting is posted???

I have many examples of this from our last trip, so I would like to understand where this is all going, because the technology is there and all are going to use it, so what does this mean for Kruger and the wildlife.

More importantly how is going to be controlled before it's a runaway train. O/ O/

Sprocky

Re: Sighting Chaos

Post by Sprocky »

This is just shocking!!! 0*\

Please keep this chaos in the south. O**

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I'm on a BBM Kruger sighting's group, but I promised myself when I joined that I would never chase sightings....so far so good. It does take the excitement and suspense out of looking for game. :O^

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Sprocky wrote:This is just shocking!!! 0*\

Please keep this chaos in the south. O**
Live sighting updates aren’t restricted to the south and if you follow them your area is becoming very popular O** O** O**

During the chaos on the S29 with people walking around on the road we watched a jackal with a piece of zebra in its mouth run down the middle of the road amongst them, but they were so lion obsessed that they didn’t even notice. 0*\

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

And I can't believe the SP staff didn't do anything!! 0*\

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Flutterby wrote:I'm on a BBM Kruger sighting's group, but I promised myself when I joined that I would never chase sightings....so far so good. It does take the excitement and suspense out of looking for game. :O^
We will see in October when you haven't seen a leopard yet and your trip is about to end O** I made myself the same promise, but when you are in the mix :-?

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

I would use it in a different way, when a sighting is reported, just drive in the opposite directio/on another road. You will be guaranteed a quiet road and maybe get a sighting all to yourselves.

And I've driven by 3 seperate Cheetah sightings in the past without stopping due to the chaos - this was when I'd never seen a Cheetah in the wild before.

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”