North or South

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Bushcraft

Re: North or South

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:The normal...just two new hamsters! 0*\
Yip, RP and Destroyer, I was surprised at the activity happening while I relaxed =O: =O: O**

Tent dweller

Post by Tent dweller »

It is very easy to cause a roadblock in the south, just stop and stare into the bush and the next thing you will be surrounded by cars and all the occupants will also be staring in the same direction as you not sure of what they are looking at. It happened to us, we stopped just to absorb the scenery and the "smell" of the bush early one morning at Mestel Dam, we (3 of us) just needed a bit of time out from the hustle and bustle of city life and we had only been in the park about 12 hours and we love Mestel Dam and what better place to absorb the sights and smells of the early morning Kruger than at a dam, some occupants of the other cars were getting irritated with us because they couldn't see what we were looking at, meantime they were looking at what we were looking at: :shock: :shock: the early morning bush, the sun that had just risen, the bush that was just starting to recover from a cold night and just the peace and tranquility of the Kruger

Amoli

Post by Amoli »

=O: =O: =O:

Between Satara and Letaba I once stopped next to a guy who was looking at Impala :O^ :O^ :O^ and asked what the excitement was :-?

He spun me a story of a leopard he had been following for the last hundred metres, as the leopard was creeping up on these impala,
he is only waiting for the kill now.

Well O/\ O/\ O/\ I filed in behind him and waited. I thought nothing of it when he left after 2-3 minutes..... I waited.... 0- 0-

I'm so gullable, I think I was issued with wheels - like peeps can take me for a ride...... 0= 0=

There was no leopard. =O: =O: =O: =O:

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

=O: =O:

Just tell people you're looking at birds...that get's most of them moving on!! O**

Tent dweller

Post by Tent dweller »

Flutterby wrote:=O: =O:

Just tell people you're looking at birds...that get's most of them moving on!! O**
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

=O:

My best one was real! I stopped after I had been following and driving next to a Leopard for almost 1Km, the Leopard then turned and went into a culvert under the road. I just sat and waited as it had to come out again. The best was when cars stopped and asked me what I was watching, "theres a Leopard under the road". Damn, you should have seen the faces, I'm sure a few of them were wondering what I was smoking so early in the morning. About 20 minutes later it came out and paraded for me for about 15 minutes. \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

My best one was the opposite!

Dwarf and I were going somewhere, in the South, can't remember, and stopped next to a single car, asking what they were looking at. The bemused response was "elephant"....and this huge elephant was standing right next to them, "hidden" by a few saplings.... :o0ps: :o0ps: :o0ps:

It was early morning, so no excuses... O**

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

=O: =O: =O: Some cool stuff \O I just pull out a map book and look doff, most then move =O: It worked on the S100 with lion cubs next to us for half an hour :o0ps: --00--

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

We've also done that BC!! -O

Twigga

Post by Twigga »

=O: =O: =O:

All ya'll - just confirmed my suspicions AGAIN. Those comrades, that looks dof, looking at maps with on eye, and that "bird watchers"
HA! They are the real sneeky ones, I don't trust them at all

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Moving swiftly along... ;-)

ANOTHER great, great, great element to the North is drumroll please..............

LIMITED OR NO CELL RECEPTION AT ALL

So the "Amazing racers" that App sighting chasers only will receive their tips, 4 hour after that chicken/leapard crossed the road

O\/ O/\ O\/ O/\ O\/ O/\

--00-- --00-- --00-- --00--

Somewhere in Kruger

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”