Essential Camping Equipment

Information & Discussions on Camping
Alf

Re: Essential Camping Equipment

Post by Alf »

RobertT wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 am
Richprins wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:49 am What Alf is hinting at is that he needs space for all his beer - he consumes cases every day... O**
You don't keep beer in a freezer. O** O** O/ O/
That's why i have a mobicool in the car. That keeps cool drinks and beer cold \O

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Alf

Post by Alf »

The main reason why i'm asking all these questions about freezer space is that i braai almost every night. During December we packed meat for 6 nights and then went to Phalaborwa to buy more meat for the next 6 nights. Even after asking Sprocky which butchery is the best we were not impressed with the selection of meat they had to braai.

Even the fillet we bought for our potjie were off and we had to throw it away but that we only realized a few days later. Next time i want to take all my meat with me.

Next trip to the bush??

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Most of the freezers we use are about the size of the freezers in kruger fridges. Remember Kruger freezers you are packing on shelves and a lot of space is lost between top of meat and shelf and also roof of freezer. With camping freezers and Harry's chest freezer you are packing tightly and on top of each other and there is little wasted space. \O

Alf

Post by Alf »

RobertT wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 am Most of the freezers we use are about the size of the freezers in kruger fridges. Remember Kruger freezers you are packing on shelves and a lot of space is lost between top of meat and shelf and also roof of freezer. With camping freezers and Harry's chest freezer you are packing tightly and on top of each other and there is little wasted space. \O
Thanks \O

Next trip to the bush??

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Now I remember what the fridge was for....... COLD TEA O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Post by Alf »

Are there any preference when it comes to name brand fridges -O-

Next trip to the bush??

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

National luna and Engel seem to be most popular. I have an Engel 40l and a dometic/Waeco 50l and happy with both.

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

we have 2 x National Luna ..They have the best energy consumption and THICK insulation ..1 x 75 litres Freezer and a 90 litre Fridge/Freezer combo..The smaller one can make a slup Chicken Rock hard in an hour

Alf

Post by Alf »

Peter Betts wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 pm we have 2 x National Luna ..They have the best energy consumption and THICK insulation ..1 x 75 litres Freezer and a 90 litre Fridge/Freezer combo..The smaller one can make a slup Chicken Rock hard in an hour
Thanks Peter but they are very expensive :O^

Next trip to the bush??

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Alf wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:58 am
Peter Betts wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 pm we have 2 x National Luna ..They have the best energy consumption and THICK insulation ..1 x 75 litres Freezer and a 90 litre Fridge/Freezer combo..The smaller one can make a slup Chicken Rock hard in an hour
Thanks Peter but they are very expensive :O^
True ..our 90 Litre cost nearly R 14 K without the now bought Camp Cover and a professional built up to spec Solar /Deep Cycle battery System you wont get change out of R 10K (without the panels which go for about R 8K)..its our retirement setup as we cant afford a hutted holiday every year in our pension income years coming up fast and we tend to avoid the touristy large camps..and we tend to camp wild often..away from help so reliability and efficiency are key
Last edited by Peter Betts on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Camping”