Post by Alf »

A dust bath can’t be nice lol

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Heartstring Moments - Springtime in the Kalahari 2018

Post by Lisbeth »

For some animals, it is the best that the SPA can offer ;-)

One more cheetah! A pity he is no more :-(

Cute striped mouse :-) a pity that they have those disgusting pink tails without hair on them lol

Great pics of the PCG ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

The Top Cats were a great bunch! It was actually them who taught me that even cheetahs were able to kill far bigger antelopes than springboks -
at least when hunting in a coalition (never saw the Muskateers on a kill, so they are no help here).

Funny to see that still really cubby Chipo with a proper grown up male. I so wish to find them on our next trip - obviously still together, not individually.

And I must say that I'm quite impressed about how early you manage to get food on the table at night. With us it is a-l-w-a-y-s dark before we eat :o0ps:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW Cheetahs in the best light, exFmem :-0 O/\

plus amazing ostrich and goshawk shots X#X

You indeed had more than stunning sightings :ty:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

To all of you who have loyally followed along with me, a toast to each X#X - what troopers! ^Q^ ^Q^

Mel - as far as dinner time, whenever we are grilling chicken we stay in camp that evening as it takes longer to cook than steaks, etc. Sit by the fire, sip Champagne, watch for visitors, read a book - so relaxing…BUT one must also remember, with darkness comes INSECTS! YAY!!! Priorities, you know. ;-) :O^

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Our last drive was filled with mixed emotions - we've seen so much, we've had such a great trip, we don't want it to end, but we miss our family and puppy dog. So we set out with our spirits high after such a fabulous visit, and just enjoyed our last glimpse of this beautiful country…

Soaring birds who mirrored our mood

And a heron that was unwilling to share the waterhole and aggressively attacked its counterpart in flight

A lucky last visit with two Kalahari icons -

And the darlings of the Kalahari - Cape Fox pups

Super-Mom

Eyes on the prize

A lovely last sighting that will draw us back, just as all our experiences in South Africa, from the country, to the animals, and most importantly, the people we have interacted with - each one a jewel that has etched on our hearts an everlasting affection and connection to your Country that will forever be a significant part of our lives.

And so, I leave you with this sentiment from one of the great minds of all time...

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I'm so very :-0 :-0 :-0 about the foxies - we never got to see even one in daylight.
Was it Charlie Fax?

Love those "icons" too. Really sweet.v 0/0

Not sure but it sounds as if you were done now :-(

So thanks a lot for sharing with us. O/\ I, for one, always enjoy comparing notes -
even if it's a very unbalanced comparison regarding the time spent in the park lol
(I'm gonna get there too eventually X#X )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Simply stunning!! ^Q^ ^Q^

Thank you so much for sharing your stories and wonderful pics with us! :ty: :ty:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It almost seems to have been a splendid dream in which I have been allowed to participate from your bed table with a kind of direct pipe line. You manage to make me feel the emotion helped by your extraordinary images ^Q^ ^Q^

Thank you so much, Sis 0/0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”