Having the Time of my Life revisited (October 2016)

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Having the Time of my Life revisited (October 2016)

Post by Mel »

Miera kept walking towards us and eventually crossed the road right behind our bakkie. She continued to search the shrubs for a tasty Cape fox or African wild cat. And then - all of a sudden - all we saw was dust and a leopard running off. Miera had indeed flush out an animal that she was intend to make her breakfast :twisted:

I managed this one shot before the both of them disappeared around the corner and out of our view.

We had to turn the car around and by the time we got where we had last seen the leopard, she was gone... Once again, we had been the only car at the scene but by the time we had turned around another car had approached and they were clearly looking at something interesting. O** Miera had reappeared again and since there was not wild cat dangling from her mouth, I think it's safe to say that she missed that one.

Eventually Miera moved off over the ridge of the dunes closer to the road and we got going again. Totally happy to have had such a thrilling sighting as the last one before leaving the park. We felt totally blessed anyway since we had watched a cheetah taking down a proper springbok ram, lions killing a wildebeest and now a leopard chasing a wild cat.

This is the end of my travel tale although there will be a few Cape fox sightings to follow next year \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

What a pic, Mello!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

0:

This was an incredible trip with incredible photos, thanks so very, very much for your effort! :ty: :ty:

0/0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

superb... a big thank you 0/0

did the cat escape ;-)
you don't know... I know 0*\

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Thanks Mel,

it must have been an amazing trip with lot of incredible sightings :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 and I have enjoyed your tale thouroughly \O

That last shot is indeed very special ^Q^

Many happy returns O0

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

This entire TT has been chock full of excitement, beginning to end ^Q^ ^Q^ Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us 0/0

Some fox pics coming still?? ;-)

Alf

Post by Alf »

Trying to catch up on this report. So difficult when I'm on holiday the whole time.

Stunning pictures Mel ^Q^ ^Q^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

So sad about Baroleng but what a lovely sighting of Miera and that last pic is awesome!! ^Q^ ^Q^

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Thank you ladies and gentlemen :-) I'll have to admit that I'm really chuffed with that hunting photo myself. Although... there obviously is always a "better" but I'll settle for managing at least a shot that wasn't blurred. lol

ExFmem, I'll post some foxies at some point. That's a promise. Might be only at the end of the month though. Report time at school for me and trying to keep track here on the forum and on the cheetahs on Facebook is quite time consuming at the moment. 0*\

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Catching up again 0:

Wow, lions taking out a wildebeest also and then a yellow mongoose with a kill. ^Q^ ^Q^ Is there any predator you didn’t see with a kill :twisted:

Hanri and cubs again O:V

Another leopard sighting ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ but sad knowing now that she is dead. :-(

Then another leopard and chasing an AWC. :-0 Wow, brilliant pics also O\/ O\/ O\/

A once in a lifetime trip :-0 :-0 ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

I hope you have a more “relaxed” expectation of Kruger in April 0:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Thanks for taking the time to catch up here X#X

And, no... I certainly don't expect anything similar in Kruger. The only thing I expect is to see different stuff ^Q^
and that also includes a lot of birds that don't occur in KTP lol

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”