Why...oh WHY....

nan

Re: Why...oh WHY....

Post by nan »

Michele between us.... Barolong was seen with 2 cubs at Urikaruus ;-)
try to have some.... news ..0..

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

If he/she had arrived earlier you would not have got the video clip, only company O** =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Dewi wrote:Hoi! :X: Slow down. (0!) I've not caught up with your KNP ABC report yet. 0: lol lol lol

Stunning photos as usual Michele. Especially puffy & ratty. :shock:

Hope you have a great time and bring back some special memories & pics for us please. \O
Don't worry Dewi..I haven't caught up with my KNP ABC either..... =O:
Thank you ....:)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

nan wrote:Michele between us.... Barolong was seen with 2 cubs at Urikaruus ;-)
try to have some.... news ..0..
I will look out Nan..but we are not really around Urikaruus. We are staying at Rooiputs, Polentswa, Nossob and TR...

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Lisbeth wrote:If he/she had arrived earlier you would not have got the video clip, only company O** =O:
We got ready for the hyena the next evening..I went to the loo earlier..got camera ready etc etc etc....well the hyena didn't pitch again. One just never knows what is going to happen ....and when it is going to happen.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Close call with the hyena in the loo! :shock: lol

H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Michelle, you will never be the same again!!
Great photography!!!!,....and also a limited
"Boon Free" environment!!!

Geesh, nature teaches well!!~ ;-)

Heh,.. H.e
Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Thank you all for the lovely comments. :-)

Well I am packed and ready to go..we hit the road tomorrow at about 12h00 to drive as far as Nieuwoudtville ( I wonder if that is the correct spelling :-? )
I do not know what is in store for us on this trip ..one never does but we really did have some wonderful sightings on our last trip. Summer and Winter trips are very different....and we really do just enjoy being there regardless of the sightings.
At least on this trip I am pretty much all in one piece whereas on my last trip I was a right Calamity Jane. If you remember correctly I had just got over the Bat-eared Fox bite and all the drama that went with that. I had also taken a tumble..which ended up being a pretty bad tumble and I had broken my right hand as well as my lens. So I went off to the park with my right hand in a splint and a lens that was not working 100%. I did not take as many photos as I normally do ..I saved my efforts for the important things...like Puff-adders swallowing whistling rats. :) There was one disaster though ( apart from Monty misbehaving a bit )that I have not told you about and that is my little encounter with a bee at Urikaruus.
Probably about 2 hrs after arriving at Urikaruus after spending 2 nights at Rooiputs a bee deciding to crawl up my shirt sleeve and sting me. Oh my word..I didn't really know what had hit me but within seconds the centre of my palms started tingling....within a few more seconds the soles of my feet started tingling as well. I went off to Doug and said, "There is a bee up my sleeve and I think I am in a bit of trouble" I will spare you the details but nausea,vomiting , diarrhoea and dizziness set in within a few minutes. The next minute I had the most disgusting rash spreading all over my body....no not a rash...hives. Horrible hives.I remember lying on the bed thinking that there was no better place to die than at Urikaruus. Anyway to cut a long story short I could breathe...barely...but I was pretty much useless at doing anything else. I have never been stung by a bee...but I react really badly to mosquito bites, horsefly bites, tetanus injections etc....stands to reason I'm going to react to a bee-sting as well. I have photographed so many bees with my macro lens..really close up and personal stuff not knowing that I am violently allergic to bees. But I lived to tell the tale...my doctor daughter and doctor son-in -law have told me that I may not be so lucky next time so I now carry a Epipen plus medication wherever I go . But as regards the rest of the trip I was a bit of a disaster...right hand in a splint...left arm rendered useless because of bee sting but I put a smile of my face and carried on. Doug did mention.."Should we go home? " I just glared at him and neglected to answer the question. :evil:
AsI said I lived to tell the tale ...and we are going back ....I am just hoping that the bees are not so active in winter. Not only that I am taking Doctor Daughter and Doctor Son-in-law with me....so Toilet visiting Hyena, Puff Adder eating Rat and Bee-stinging Bee I am ready and waiting for you. :-) I am taking back up..I am feeling strong. ^0^ The hand is not what it should be, I am not so sure it ever will be ...but just let any lion, leopard, wild cat or caracal cross my path. I AM READY TO NAIL IT...it is as simple as that. :) Oh and bees may just accidentally get stood on.... :evil: ( no relax I would never do that)
Hopefully I will have something to share with you on my return. :)

nan

Post by nan »

what a story O-/ (that I already know)
take care... all these little beasts are much more dangerous that big ones 0*\

O/\ return with a lot of.... Caracals.... Leopards and all you can find O\/
safe travel... Go Monty Go O:V

see you 0/*

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

As is your "usual", gorgeous photos and videos! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ O\/ O\/ O\/ O/\ O/\ O/\

You have a penchant for trouble, it seems :yes: , so I wouldn't want to sit next to you in the pew :no: just in case a bolt of lightening "accidentally" hit. 0'
Karma is not your friend, it seems. -O- Care to tell THOSE tales to us? O** ^0^

Thank you for all the fun tales, fabulous pics, and TTs over so many years. Can't wait for this new one!! ^Q^ ^Q^

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”