Post by ExFmem »

ExFmem

Re: Born To Be Wild - An Untamed Travel Tale

Post by ExFmem »

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Meerkats

I can't decide if I like Cape foxes or meerkats better, -O- they're both so adorable. :-0

The extreme heat and dryness was also affecting the meerkats, as they were sprawled out on their tummies and inactive much of the time. The flies were desperate for any moisture they could find, and the meerkats eyes had more of them than I've ever seen before.

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

The youngsters were always up for a wrestling match,

or a bite to eat.

Mutual grooming is always appreciated.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours!

Next up….A PopQuiz!

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Bad Dudes and Dudettes: A Pop Quiz

Who Am I?

Please identify which "bad dudes/dudettes" are described below. -O-

Winner gets… ^Q^ ... absolutely nothing, as this is not a skill that will aid your success in Life, but rather identifies you as one who wastes way too much of your time on inane and insignificant matters.

1. These moustache toting desperadoes are fast food connoisseurs, adept body snatchers, and accomplished alchemists. From their perch they watch for an intruder, intercept it in mid-flight and inject it with neurotoxic and paralyzing enzymes which liquify the prey's innards. It then drinks the contents of its virtual sippy cup and then discards the empty shell. 0'

2. I, too, sport a dashing moustache, am a fast food connoisseur, an adept body snatcher, and intercept my prey mid-flight. I cause chaos and confusion, terrorizing many. Failing an outright catch, my midair body slam stuns my victim, knocking it to the ground where I finish the mission by biting its neck and severing its vertebrae. :evil:

3. While I may appear to have a sunny disposition, my bite is far worse than my bark. It is said, "You are what you eat", but most species don't eat what they are. I do. Cannibals don't command much respect, and while it is a Human taboo (THANK HEAVENS!), it is somewhat "common" in the animal kingdom, so humans aren't the only species with skeletons in their closet. For members of these species, “I’d like to have you over for dinner” is a terrifying invite.

Though I am a cannibal, I do have standards. They are quite low. In my defense, I more often eat members of my Class, but only rarely of my Species. And then just the juveniles. :twisted:

4. I have a heavenly name due to my posture, suggestive of worship. But less angelic is my reputation as also being cannibalistic. We females, while the male is distracted by carnal desires, just may choose to behead him and eat him. And you really can't blame us for finding it hard to pass up an easy meal, right? So get off your high horses, people, you'd do the exact same thing if your males tasted as good as ours! :yes:

5. Unlike the others, I actually have credentials to prove I'm a really bad dude. The Guinness Book of World Records awarded me the title of "World's Most Fearless Creature". I'm so tough that the South African army actually named their heavily-armored Infantry Fighting Vehicle after me.

I'm proudly audacious, pugnacious, and don't back away from a fight. I, too, have some secret weapon systems. I can quickly sleep off a venomous snake bite, awaken, and resume devouring my snake snack.

I also have a secret, er, secrete, weapon system that can throw a stink bomb your way if you really get me stressed. 0=

Then I'll adorably trot off in search of my next victim. HA!! ^0^

You gotta love "The Great Outdoors" - a place where we get to observe creatures participating in the Circle of Life by eating each other.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

1. Robber Fly
3. Hyena?
4. Praying Mantis
5. Honey Badger (Ratel)
:-?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

This is beyond entertaining! It's become my most favourite fixture. O0

How did you manage to get that close to meerkats? And more important - where? :-0 Such a brilliant interaction to watch!
And I'm totally green about the kind of captures. I, too find meerkats and Cape foxes the most adorable mammals, even if
the cheetahs still take the cherry. 0:

As for the quiz...

1. no idea (must be an insect) :o0ps:
2. Lanner
3. Owl
4. Praying Mantis
5. Honey Badger

All of the above is with a O** and a :-? and :ty:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Hint: The only one that NOBODY has answered correctly is # 3. :no: "Someone" answered #1 correctly O** O**

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

:no: Here are a couple hints:
3. While I may appear to have a sunny disposition, my bite is far worse than my bark. It is said, "You are what you eat", but most species don't eat what they are. I do. Cannibals don't command much respect, and while it is a Human taboo (THANK HEAVENS!), it is somewhat "common" in the animal kingdom, so humans aren't the only species with skeletons in their closet. For members of these species, “I’d like to have you over for dinner” is a terrifying invite.

Though I am a cannibal, I do have standards. They are quite low. In my defense, I more often eat members of my own Class, but only rarely of my Species. And then just the juveniles. :-?

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”