Enjoying The Kruger Without Staying In The Park

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Enjoying The Kruger Park Without Staying In The Park

Post by Mel »

Hmz… I could have sworn I had left a comment after the mating lions episode. -O-
But maybe I just looked at it, got distracted and afterwards thought I was finished even though I hadn't even started 0-
Oh, well, still a great sighting and it's always better to be too close than too far off or with too many other cars blocking the view lol

OSV drivers can be quite nice. But often enough they rather try to gather info from than stopping you to tell you something O**

I don't think that cute little zebras are boring 0' Always fun to watch when they notice you and try to hide behind mummy lol

Geez, you are too fast for me. I had almost posted the above because I thought two episodes might be enough for one week,
when I notice comments about the BCSE that I hadn't noticed in those to instalments I had read up upon O**

A big posting too O-/ Don't know where to start because there is quite some good stuff in there. But definitely happy to hear
that this ellie in the road sighting went better than the last one.

Those shots of the LBR are pretty good already ^Q^

And I like that young drongo. They look funny at that stage lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Zooming right along here :-0 :-0

Mating lions are always a highlight, but unlike others, I don't find the Kruger males to be handsome. :no: 0' Their heads are too big, too flat, and not a proportionate amount of mane for such a big noggin' They're definitely no Fabio :no: :no: (in his YOUNGER days O** ) The KTP males are WAY more debonair. ;-)

Water, water, everywhere - wow. I think the lovely light purple flowers are invasive Water Hyacinths - we have them here in Florida - bad news.

The zebra foals always remind me of Carnival Carousels - adorable little figures of fantasy :-0

On the LBR pics - they're improving ^Q^ ^Q^ Do you focus manually so the camera doesn't "see" the nearest branch? I predict a lovely shot before the trip is over. :yes: :yes:

I always have admired your "get-up-and-go" spunk, and you've displayed it here with this TT once again. ^Q^ 0/0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:11 am Zooming right along here :-0 :-0

Mating lions are always a highlight, but unlike others, I don't find the Kruger males to be handsome. :no: 0' Their heads are too big, too flat, and not a proportionate amount of mane for such a big noggin' They're definitely no Fabio :no: :no: (in his YOUNGER days O** ) The KTP males are WAY more debonair. ;-)
I couldn't agree more :-0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

0= 0-

Discrimination! Kalahari lions have an easy life! :X:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Richprins wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:53 am 0= 0-

Discrimination! Kalahari lions have an easy life! :X:
No ways ..Kruger lions walk around a bush and take down a Buff/Zebra/Giraffe/Wildebeest/Kudu etc ..In Kalahari take a lactating Lioness who needs food to replace her milk ..There is NO Kruger Stalking Cover in Kalahari ...So she leaves her 3 starving cubs hidden and walks 35 Kms through the night looking for a kill opportunity ..nothing ..She rests for 5 hrs and tries unsuccessfully to stalk in the open at a Gemsbok calf ..The herd sees her in plenty time and run off ..On the 2nd night she gets lucky and catches a porcupine (Their main prey there) and gets a quill in her eye and another wedged in her palate ..so different to the indulged Kruger lions ..She is now 42 kms from her cubs ..She gets back to them midday the following day to find 2 dead cubs and the 3rd barely hanging on ..No the Kruger lions have a EASY life

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Well explained, Peter!

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

:ty: Lisbeth,

but I found that day definitely not boring especially the number of different birds you saw would have my day \O

Love the steenbokkie shots between the flowers and all your landscape shots with the filled up river and waterholes O/\ O/\

Some idiots are always around to drive the elephants mad as you said they put all the other people around in danger as well O/ O/ O/

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Peter Betts wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:58 pm No ways ..Kruger lions walk around a bush and take down a Buff/Zebra/Giraffe/Wildebeest/Kudu etc ..In Kalahari take a lactating Lioness who needs food to replace her milk ..There is NO Kruger Stalking Cover in Kalahari ...So she leaves her 3 starving cubs hidden and walks 35 Kms through the night looking for a kill opportunity ..nothing ..She rests for 5 hrs and tries unsuccessfully to stalk in the open at a Gemsbok calf ..The herd sees her in plenty time and run off ..On the 2nd night she gets lucky and catches a porcupine (Their main prey there) and gets a quill in her eye and another wedged in her palate ..so different to the indulged Kruger lions ..She is now 42 kms from her cubs ..She gets back to them midday the following day to find 2 dead cubs and the 3rd barely hanging on ..No the Kruger lions have a EASY life
0:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

A nice variety of animal sightings

^Q^ ^Q^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Richprins wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 am
Peter Betts wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:58 pm No ways ..Kruger lions walk around a bush and take down a Buff/Zebra/Giraffe/Wildebeest/Kudu etc ..In Kalahari take a lactating Lioness who needs food to replace her milk ..There is NO Kruger Stalking Cover in Kalahari ...So she leaves her 3 starving cubs hidden and walks 35 Kms through the night looking for a kill opportunity ..nothing ..She rests for 5 hrs and tries unsuccessfully to stalk in the open at a Gemsbok calf ..The herd sees her in plenty time and run off ..On the 2nd night she gets lucky and catches a porcupine (Their main prey there) and gets a quill in her eye and another wedged in her palate ..so different to the indulged Kruger lions ..She is now 42 kms from her cubs ..She gets back to them midday the following day to find 2 dead cubs and the 3rd barely hanging on ..No the Kruger lions have a EASY life
0:
0/* 0/* 0/* 0/* 0/*

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”