3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Peter Betts

Re: 3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Post by Peter Betts »

While following the big Buff herds ..They generally ignore you but there is always one who is totally fascinated with a camera ..5 kms south of Grootvlei
Mother Stare.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Me also likey the roan! O/\

I think they are the second biggest antelope after eland... ..0..

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Bigger that the sable?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 am Bigger that the sable?
Jip Roan are big and 2nd to Eland

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 am Bigger that the sable?
Yes much bigger than the Sable which is the size of a sub adult Zebra ..pic of a very young Roan next to adult Zebra who are much bigger than Sable
Roan Swamped.jpg

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Isnt it ironic..I try and get away from Road Blocks on all those big wide tar H4 XXXX roads south of the Olifants River and come north to the romantic places where ancient hunters, slavers and ivory merchants operated in and now long gone ..It is generally quiet and and the quieter and more remote the area the narrower the dust roads are ...Then one day I go to a very remote area and the mist was really bad ..My brain told me to turn around as it was reckless to be there on my own ..no other traffic around or so I thought ..and with the close proximity to Moz and poaching infiltrators ..I could have been a Bakkie for hire target ..but my heart said press on ..15 mins later in even thicker mist I drove onto the dam wall in really bad visibility ..again silly as the road is only just wide enough for 1 vehicle and you can only turn around at a spot off the dam wall at the far end and what would happen if there was a car having turned around at the other end invisible in the mist ..Its quite a drop onto the dam floor too...Its really scary reversing in mid morning bright clear conditions so would be impossible now. ..soon a shape or 2 started to vaguely appear up ahead ..Ah horror of horrors not another L Sabie snarl up and people trying to get past each other ??? ..Stop ..They can reverse ..not me ..I waited then realised these were not cars and I was not on the Golden Highway along the Sabie River..The mist started clearing ..Lions ..ah well I will eventually have to reverse only 50 metres to the start of this narrow road ..but my Reversing camera told me there were at least 3 more now behind me ..trapped in by lots of OSV's ..no I mean lions..who were inconsiderate enough to block the whole road ..but I forgave them as the road was very narrow and unlike 4x4 pilots didnt do this on purpose!! ..The mist really cleared nicely and I didnt have a phone to Tinge /Phone Tsendze to say I would be late ..Traffic was bad this morning ..ah but there was no signal and no Powerlines to get signal ..I enjoyed it ..glad I listened to my heart and never tinged to cause problems for the lions in the would have been traffic...Pic of the fast clearing mist and the creatures I shared this magic little road with for 2 hours
Roadblock on a quiet Road.jpg
..little did I know this scene would re enact 3 more times

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Mooiplaas windmill Drought landscape image
Mooiplaas Drought Landscape Image.jpg

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

You certainly love that place and I can understand it very well :yes: You have certain encounters...... O:V \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Still never been to that windmill...we were almost there last weekend but got err...sidetracked.. 0*\

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”