Browns in Kruger April 2017

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Browns in Kruger April 2017

Post by Richprins »

Ok, at Skukuza now!

Jeez, all these road numbers are like a maths lesson! 0-

The stork stuff is amazing, probably the most important stuff of you pathetic trip!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ai, I hope I'm not on the receiving end of your inter-vehicle rants one day...we'll probably be 75 years old and hit each other with our crutches! =O:

Throw the garmin away, man! lol

The kids continue to take better pics? [O]

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

again Wild Dogs... or I make a mixture with another TT 0*\

maybe better to not see the kill, must be :shock: O-/
but must be nice to see the strategy O/\

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:Ok, at Skukuza now!

Jeez, all these road numbers are like a maths lesson! 0-

The stork stuff is amazing, probably the most important stuff of you pathetic trip!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ai, I hope I'm not on the receiving end of your inter-vehicle rants one day...we'll probably be 75 years old and hit each other with our crutches! =O:

Throw the garmin away, man! lol

The kids continue to take better pics? [O]
You must learn the roads numbers, it makes discussing sightings much easier. :twisted:

Ja, I also enjoyed the stork juniors, only seen them once before and only spotted a mother feeding them this trip

If I can swing a stick at 75 still then I will be stoked =O: =O:

Garmin required, I'm a planner :twisted:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

15th Skukuza to Imfolozi

We were up very early this morning as I wanted to be amongst the first out the gate due to the long drive ahead of us.

We stopped for pics of a hyena feeding its overgrown baby just outside Skukuza gate, but never stopped again for pics as we never found any dogs or cats, which is probably all I would have stopped for.

Things got a little faulty at the Swazi border as some official took a liking to Hawkeyes and decided to try his luck at charming and then even offered 2 four legged Cows for her, which amused me no end, but Hawkeyes was horrified when I attempted to negotiate for more cows.

We eventually arrived at Memorial Gate Hluhluwe just before 2pm and the Cow went to get us in, but then returned 10 minutes later moaning big time about some rude official that she had argued with, which must have been serious as the Cow has a massive tolerance level for incompetence. Luckily I never went.

We decided to just cruise down the tar all the way to Mpila camp and stopped a few times for the general locals.

We scored a luck when booking in and got our favourite 5 sleeper unit, so unpacked and parked off, but then Hawkeyes started hassling for our traditional viewpoint 17 family pic and I was keen to check out Bhejane hide, so we cruised out again.

While on the viewpoint another car arrived with some foreigners and they also got out, however I had to inform them of an ellie which had popped up in the reeds about 30m from the viewpoint as they seemed oblivious of it, so they huddled close to their car.

We were the only people at Bhejane hide, so it was peaceful, however the animals weren’t around and we didn’t have the time to wait.

While on the way back to camp we found a boon gang on patrol and a hoopoe for the Cow, but then I had to concentrate as the dirt roads were stuffed and more like a 4x4 course. People in sedans were turning around and taking other routes as it was so bad. In my opinion this is just plan slackness and we have never seen the dirt roads this bad in more than 20 trips to Imfolozi.

To be continued

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

15th Imfolozi continued

I started our traditional Mpila braai which is always fun because there aren’t any fences and the local hyena clan always pulls in.

I first got a skrik for an impala herd which I thought were hyenas as I was “overindulging” again and then after supper some scallywags came cruising past including one which seemed pregnant and she wasted no time in licking our braai grid.

There is no power at Mpila camp until 7am and we had forgotten all our lights that we normally bring, so there was no major rush getting organised in the morning and we decided to head home as there was plenty to sort out before work and school.

We did stop however for some lion and other locals on the way to the gate.

In conclusion, it was a fair holiday and we battled more than normal for sightings due to the longer than normal grass.

Lastly, thanks to all of you guys that have shared our adventure with us and for allowing us the opportunity to relive our trip.

Bushcraft, the Cow and the Rats.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Only 2 cows were offered 0*\ I am sure that hawkeyes felt very offended =O:

A big gang of boons out walking :-)

The road in the pic can get like that in a moment if it is raining hard enough :shock:

Thank you for yet another exciting TT, even if a bit short of leopards O** --00--

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Bushcraft,

as always it was a pleasure to travel along with you and your Family - For sure and as always the leopards were good to you and I still have to find out how you always find them that regularly. O** O** O**

:ty: for that wonderful trip report O0

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Hawkeyes is worth much more than two cows. ^0^

It's nice to be able to break your trip home with a stay at iMfolozi. \O

You may have battled with the long grass but you still had some amazing sightings! :yes: Thanks for sharing your trip, always a pleasure to read. :ty:

nan

Post by nan »

nice end immersing into the wild animals O-/ O/\ O/\ O/\

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

So what exactly were you "overindulging" on, as your duodenum is constantly bursting? O**

Dogs on the S-3!!! What a beautiful road but almost always has fewish animals! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Looks like you get up early most mornings, looking at the shadows?

We must find the OSV driver and tell him he got an IQ rating from Bushsnob! =O: =O: =O:

Personally I would have bliksemed that border official... O**

Ghastly baboon behaviour, but not my crowd in KZN... :no:

Thanks so much for all of this, as always BC, and a great pleasure meeting up with you and the Clan again! X#X X#X X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”