Re: A Fantarantulatastic Trip To Kruger - April 2017

Post by Flutterby »

What an awesome sighting and you got some fantastic pics!! ^Q^

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Great impala fight ^Q^

I love trees and with that kind of addition even more ;-) O/\ O/\ O/\ It's a beautiful specimen \O

Oops! I forgot the fabulous squirrel lol lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Three leopards in one day is rather indecent lol lol lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Just past Nyamundwa Dam we found a tree with a very nice addition
Initially it was very difficult to see in amongst all the leaves and branches

Did you find it or did others find it, Peej? =O:

This is awesome indeed! How on earth does the light work there, with that silhouette? -O- 0:

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Also like the impala! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW some incredible Leopard shots, PJL,

those do make me really :-0

plus cute squirrel and fighting impalas ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
PJL

Post by PJL »

Thank you Flutts, Lis, Mel, RP & Pumbaa for the comments \O \O

It's time to round this trip off...

April 11th Continued

As we drove back to Skuks we were warned by other drivers of a rather aggressive elephant ahead of us. We sat watching for a while... there was a very nicely behaved bull on one side of the road

Whilst on the other side another chap would get very angry every time a vehicle went past, and come charging out the bushes shaking his head and trumpeting :shock:

Needless to say the kids weren't too keen on the idea of driving past him, but we had to get back to camp. Sure enough he had a big shout at us as we drove by lol

Closer to camp we saw a car with its hazards on, so we slowed to see what they might have found. In fact they hadn't found anything, they were having car trouble; as soon as the guy started driving the car horn would sound full blast and they weren't sure what to do 0*\
We suggested that as it was nearly gate closing time they must just head back to Skuks and we would try help them there, so off we went in convoy. Everyone in our car burst out in laughter at the sight and sound of the car following us... the looks from other drivers as we approached Skuks was priceless as well =O: =O:
Needless to say, we didn't see anything else on the way back due to all the noise, but we were able to help find the right fuse to stop the noise once back in camp \O

Our last sighting of the day was on the way down to our campsite - a bushbaby crossed the road so we pulled in for a closer look. It seemed like it had been in a bit of a fight as its nose wasn't looking so great

April 12th

We had to pack up for our big journey back home, but the kids somehow convinced us for one last short early drive into the park. We decided to stop on the S1 next to the small waterhole that the leopard and wild dogs had turned up at, as it seemed to be quite a hot spot. Unfortunately the cats and dogs didn't get the memo, and there was very little to see. However us just stopping there created an enormous traffic jam as everyone else was wondering what we had seen 0*\ 0*\ 0*\

Eventually it got a bit too much so I decided to escape the masses and start the packing back at camp. We had a nice cruise along the S1 on the way out, stopping just for a few buffalo who also looked to be leaving X#X

All in all it had been a great trip with many wonderful sightings and memories. Thanks again for those of you who commented and for following along on our adventure \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Thank you, PJL and family \O It was an excellent trip O\/ O\/ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Poor bushbaby. :-(

Thanks for sharing your trip and awesome pics with us! \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I think those bushbabies fight quite a bit, Peej!? :shock:

Good Samaritan with the tech auto work there...some forumites could probably use your advice? lol --00--

Thanks very much for another enthralling story, indeed! well done and worth the long trip! X#X \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Apart from the fact that you generally had quite a good trip - even if there were quieter days -
I'm also a bit :-0 that you finished your two week trip travel tale while I totally sucked in that
department with one four and a half days to report about 0*\ :o0ps: -O- --00-- (0!)

But thank you so much for showing me what was to be seen during, before and a bit after the
days I was in the Park as well. ^Q^

Back to the Addo Outings it is for now :-0

(What is on the trip agenda next?)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”