Aat & Elly Stories 1 to 20 *

aat

Aat & Elly Story 20 -Farewell Party (last story) -

Post by aat »

*** NEW Stories ***
This is not a day to day TR, all stories are based on sightings during our last trip from november 26th 2011 till december 14th 2011.

Story 20 – A Farewell Party (last story for now)-
Hi to all,
Based on trips in 2010 and 2011 I was able to present 69 stories to you and shared a great number of pictures of many great and special sightings….

Well…. It is time to stop... about 5 weeks before we enter Kruger again for about 4 weeks.

Elly and I appreciated all the nice comments and many thanks for the great number of visits to our stories.

This last story is about my favorites and – or special ones to create a nice Goodbye to all of you.

Just a note: I really could not find too much time to visit and comment on all your reports, sorry for that !
Next to my work I spent and am spending a lot of time to keep my Tusker website up-to-date and providing many many Tusker ID requests.

Just launched a new section at my Tusker site for the Legendary Tuskers of Kruger , including DUKE.
Specially for Duke I renewed his pages (3) to get a photographic overview of his life covering 10 to 11 years.

Link to Duke's pages:
http://www.tuskersofafrica.com/tuskers/duke_001.htm

link to Legendary Tuskers of Kruger
http://www.tuskersofafrica.com/tskmain/tsklgnd.htm

Next to the famous Magnificent 7 I think it was time to give a special place to Tuskers like Duke, Hlanganini, Mandleve and some others

Back to this story......... , As promised I will take you through some highlights.

A very special encounter with a male Sable along the S36
He was really relaxed and posing for a while
-
-
and
-
-

Along the S102 we met a lion pride, very unexpected just near the road. Allways great to see lovely cubs
-
-
and
-
-

Somewhere in the south we have had one of our best sighting for years.
Suddenly … two Black Rhino’s appeared … coming very close and really it was breathtaking and I was so exited I had difficulty to handle my camera… after some minutes I was able to keep the camera steady …
Looking at the pictures again now… impressed again

-
-

-
and

-
-

and

-
-

and

-
-

Note: It is so very sad that so many rhino’s have been killed by poaching for NO valid reason at all. People in some countries still think the hair/nail combination is a medicine …. So sad….so sad…. Soooooo sad…..Reading the updates about this subject…makes all of us getting tears in the eyes …

Probably some of you know I have “something” with Tuskers….
I was very pleased to meet NGODZI , one of the named tuskers in kruger. Met him just north of Letaba

-
-

Some pictures of New Life in Kruger…. November the time the new borns , innocent entering the beautiful and dangereous Kruger
Showing this one since not all of us do see Tsessebe with a baby …only up north

-
-

Driving from Skukuza towards Lower Sabie suddenly out of nothing this lion pride came out of the bush and just that moment almost no other cars… Lovely this beautiful cub.

-
-

and

-
-

and

-
-

and

-
-

and

-
-

Lucky with nice cheetah sightings along the S28.
Just a few impressions of these sightings , they are Elly’s favorites and ok… I do like them too…

-
-

and

-
-

and.. in total there were 4 of them…posing here 3 on a row

-
-

Some pictures of the African Painted Dogs (I prefer this name).
Talking about a special sighting … these Dogs are special…
I found them near a location I know they have a den… crossing the area from there to S36, Satara and other places…
During this sighting I counted 19 of them … no one else around .. another highlight of the trip

-
-

and

-
-

Sable is our favorite Antelope … Think I don’t have to explain why….

-
-

and

-
-

I selected these pictures because I met these along the S50 , a mother with two cubs.
Looked like they had never seen vehicles – people before… so curious … also one of my personal highlights. You understand if you read the story, about a proud and caring mother…

-
-

and

-
-
Leopards are beautiful… getting the opportunity to photograph one at short distance , about 10 meters away is not a daily thing…at least…not for us…

-
-

and

-
-

As Tusker whisperer… (some do think I am…., don’t know why…)
I met NWAMBU , one of the named tuskers , so always a highlight
This one included the location where I found him…so nice

-
-

and

-
-

Ok….. this was it….
If you liked the stories and think it is nice to see new ones after our next trip (nov/dec 2012) please let me know… I like to write a set of new stories to share our sightings with you.

THANKS FOR YOUR VISITS AND COMMENTS

Byeeeeeeeee for now and see you again………
Aat & Elly

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
aat

Re: Aat & Elly Story 20 -Farewell Party (last story)-

Post by aat »

Nan,

Just a few days before trip...

I have got a wonderful invitation by Dawie Fourie who is working on replica's of Duke tusks and on a book about him. I am going to see these replica's so will make pictures of them or better with them... :-) :-)

Preparing camera's now...loading batteries.... checking things and fully ready for take-off.... O\/ O\/

I don't know if I am going to put new stories on Sanparks site anymore but here for sure based on big disappoinment there.

Hope to speak to you in about a month , curious for your TR and/or pictures

bye for now and till later

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”