Aat&Elly 12 - GOOD Morning(s) *

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Aat&Elly 11 - Nice sightings (upd oct 29th)

Post by Richprins »

Ja, aat! Apart from the south Phalaborwa and Punda Maria used to be great Wild Dog strongholds...South Africa's biggest ever wild dog sighting was over 50 dogs near Phalaborwa...two packs combining briefly (Malopene, 1980's)

They travel exponentially...Mopane not recognised at all!

But who knows how they adapt now, the days of megapacks are gone in Kruger, I think...

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
aat

Aat&Elly 12 - Good Morning (upd nov 1)

Post by aat »

*** NEW Travel Tales ***

Story 12 - GOOD Morning(s)

Satara, another morning and this time just a few cars waiting for “gate-open” time.

We decided to drive the s100, not a big success this time. At the end of the s100 we turned left to the s41. Driving for about 5 minutes and we were witnessing lion hunting or may be better, the start of lion hunting.
It was not just seeing lionesses but in combination with the beautiful sunlight it was beautiful.

Join and enjoy…..

First lioness coming around the corner . We could see she was after something….

-
-

Sniffff, something I like ?

-
-

Eyes closed…. Smelllll… just as a cat can do

-
-

Sorry…. Yes, we are looking at you, any problem with that ?

-
-

With a bit of arrogancy she looked away with a look like “where is our breakfast?”
Next lioness appeared
This all with the light of the rising sun…golden glew over these beautiful lionesses.

In hunting mode….

-
-

What a look… and so close… (yammiieee)

-
-

suddenly she gave me this look … I remember I said something like wowwwwww, thanks princess.

-
-

Seen many lionesses over the years, but I must say this was one of the most pretty ones I have seen. The eyes, no scars, no dirt and no flies at this time of the day (5:25 am)

-
-

Just before the lionesses (4 in total we counted) she went into the bush following her breakfast I guess…

-
-

Last shot before they disappeared , walking slowly in hunting mode

-
-

They were just out of sight , we were driving away and 5 seconds later a car from the other side…. Asked us to stop and “did you see anythinhg?” …ehhhhhh yess… 4 lionesses on the road but gone …. Ohhhh no they said….

Another day…. Early morning and driving the main road towards Tshokwane
Not far from Tshokwane suddenly some animals ahead on the main road… what?

Lions? Nooo… Leopard… could be….getting closer…. Cheetahhhhhhh
Mother and two (bigger) cubs

-
-

They just crossed the main road and we were just in time to have a quick look
It’s this feeling… happy to see them and at the same time saying…wish I was 5 minutes earlier….

-
-

and

-
-

Our favorite cats and mommy was just leaving the road

-
-

One of the cubs was curious and was sitting down to see who was looking

-
-

This cub offered us a lovely sighting and stayed for a few minutes. A last shot and they were all gone….

-
-

Thanks for joining and see you back for next story

Aat & Elly

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”