A Trip down Memory Lane *

Flutterby

A Trip down Memory Lane *

Post by Flutterby »

My dad asked me to make videos of all our trips and this is the result.....

October 2008

This was the Brat's first trip and it opened up a whole new world for him....we created a Kruger monster!! :lol: We were only there for 4 nights - 1 night at Skukuza and 3 nights at Talamati. We saw lions everyday, a leopard at the Olifants high level bridge, and saw a lion hunting and killing an impala from the Olifants look-out deck. What an introduction to Kruger for the Brat! It was an amazing trip but unfortunately the pics don't do it justice. I only had a muk 'n druk then, and took pics more for record purposes than aesthetic reasons.

View My Video

Flutterby

Re: A Trip down Memory Lane

Post by Flutterby »

October 2009

On our second trip we stayed 2 nights at Skukuza and 2 at Satara. On our first day we had 3 different lion sightings with a total of 15 lions, and we found 4 wild dogs....the Brat's first wild dog sighting!!! :P In 5 days we saw 8 leopards, including a mother with 2 cubs...but sadly no pics to prove that!! :lol:

View My Video

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

March 2010

This was the first trip with my new camera, so a few nice pics but still lots of blurds!! :lol: We stayed at Letaba and Lower Sabie for 2 nights each. We only had 1 lion sighting on our whole trip but we finally saw a cheetah (the Brat's first), 4 leopards, 2 wild dogs, and the Brat spotted an Otter at the LS low level bridge!! Another magical trip!! :wink:

View My Video

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

October 2010

On this trip we were accompanied by my dad's younger brother and his partner from England. We spent 2 nights at Orpen and 2 at Lower Sabie. It was a magical trip, with Kruger pulling out all the stops for our overseas visitors!! On the first day we saw a leopard and 2 cheetah within 500m of each other near Kumana Dam, 1 lion, and an hyena and another leopard at the Orpen waterhole that night. On our third day we saw 3 lioness with 4 cubs on a hunt, and on our last day we saw mating lions and 4 cheetah near Lower Sabie, plus of course all the usual game and lots of ellies!!!

View My Video

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

October 2011

On our last trip in October last year, we decided to journey from north to south - 2 nights Shingwedzi, 2 nights Olifants, 1 night Satara and 2 nights at Lower Sabie. It was our longest trip so far, but it was the first time that we didn't find the Big 5 (no leopard)...in fact, all the spots eluded us on this trip! :? But it was still a great trip with 4 firsts - eland, grysbok, reedbuck and a BLACKIE!!! :P

View My Video

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”