Satara Delight

Peter Betts

Re: Satara Delight

Post by Peter Betts »

I saw lots of Rhino which wasa blessing...Kruger Park's Lawn Mower...if you look to the left of the rhino's ear there is even a small insect that was captured

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I wonder what stories this guy has

Last edited by Peter Betts on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amoli

Post by Amoli »

Peter Betts wrote:...Amoli bring an electric drill for putting in your tent pegs and bring at leasta 4 pound hammer anda Bobbejaan spanner to take them out!! The ground is harder than Punda!!
Thanks Peter, I'm writing down while you talking... =O:

Some beautiful pics you took. A lot of trip planning to get the sun behind you...tip taken.

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Incoming Oxpeckers...no Frontline required for this dude!!

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

2 out of the 11 nights as we sat quietly after people/neighbours had gone to bed just listening to the sounds and watching the sinking moon ...we hada visit from this African Wildcat and more timid mom...This little one wasnt flashed as their eyes cant take it (too sensitive) but it was illuminated by 2 x Parafin lamps and I jacked the ISO of my camera up to 12800 and lens wide open at f2.8 and shutter spees at 1/20th sec handheld from my chair

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Stunning photos Peter. \O

All of them. ^Q^

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Some guys have all the luck. -O Stunning sightings and great photos! \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Its all about the light...this ol warrior came waddling towards me just past Nsemane Dam early one morning...he was full of Buffalo and I suppose on his way for a pre sleep drink at the dam. I saw him approaching at about 150 metres and as I was the only one there I turned my car sideways nose pointing into the bush...switched off and bean bag on window and let him approach thinking he would go in front or behind me but no he walked straight up to my open window and gave me the look!! You try closing the window at the last minute with a 10 kg plus bean bag on the door frame!!! You can see my car shadow on the road. He was a tall lion and basically looked down on me in my low down Corolla!!

JustN@ture

Post by JustN@ture »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Would feel a bit intimidated with a guy that size looking at me,
love the AWC , well captured and thanks for the tips on how you capture your subjects, \O
stunning photo's again. ^Q^ ^Q^

Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.
cheetah

Post by cheetah »

@RP -
We share pictures on a facebook group: "Kruger National Park - Best Place on Earth"
It is a place where we sometimes have a lekker debate or two :twisted: But mainly just sharing pics of wonderful Kruger \O

Peter that H7 male is a brute! He looks fierce with his odd facial expression! Nsemani dam has always been Lion hotspot for me :-) Although I would rather take a tip out of your book and enjoy Lions alone at Nkaya \O

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”