Addo Cattle Baron Employees Protest

Information & Discussions on Addo Elephant National Park
Richprins
Committee Member

Addo Cattle Baron Employees Protest

Post by Richprins »

South African National Parks (SANParks) is in the process of seeking a court interdict to prevent protest action to continue at Addo Elephant National Park (AENP) outside Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape.

According to SANParks spokesperson in AENP Fayroush Ludick, the protest comes as a result of a dismissal of Cattle Baron Grill & Bistro restaurant employees following a dispute with their employer – a private concession contracted to SANParks.

Ludick says the affected employees have been protesting outside the park on Monday and Wednesday resulting in unnecessary disruption to visitors entering the park, despite the fact that SANParks is not party to the dispute. “Two entrances into the park were blocked by the protesters, therefore park management had to seek assistance from the South African Police Service public order police unit to monitor the protestors activities.

She said, SANParks and its visitors cannot be used as collateral damage in a dispute between third parties. “It is for this reason that we are in a process of obtaining a court interdict preventing the protest on SANParks property as well as ensuring the safety of visitors to the park as SANParks is expecting a large number of holiday makers into the park during the Easter break,” concluded Ludick.

Issued by:
SANParks Corporate Communications
Tel 012 426 5170

Media Enquiries:
Fayroush Ludick
SANParks: Regional Communications Manager
Tel: 012 426 5371; Cell: 082 888 0201
Email: fayroush.ludick@sanparks.org

Reynold “ReyT” Thakhuli
GM: Media, PR & Stakeholder Relations, SANParks
Tel: 012 426 5203; Cell: 073 373 4999
Email: rey.thakhuli@sanparks.org
Last edited by Richprins on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Re: Cattle Baron Employee Protests

Post by H. erectus »

Oh goodness,..dear Ray

Ray T, probably the worst non satisfying form
of employment!! That to reassure the world out
there, they all go east, we go west by preference!!

Dear golly, the antagonistic approach seems never
to have left the mind of some? Getting at the helm
of governance, would be a great success, getting
creative in as much to create well being for the
masses, by way of imagination, perhaps a tad to
much called for!!

Heh,.. H.e
somabhula

Re: Addo Cattle Baron Employees Protest

Post by somabhula »

Saw in a news article today, that protesters? have noticed that if violence is used the Government? takes notice 0*\ One way I suppose.

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Addo Cattle Baron Employees Protest

Post by Mel »

That's really rich of SanParks 0- Planning to outsource more of their products anyway AND selling activity "plots" to external entrepreneurs but if things don't work well they will take no responsibility. Get a grip, SanParks!!! You enabled the Cattle Baron to operate in one of your parks, so you are equally to blame for these disruptions for the visitors. 0=

I would have also comment on the sad fact that people have lost their jobs, but since I don't know why they were laid off in the first place, I can't really.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Addo Elephant National Park”