VAT on SANParks Reservations

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Flutterby

VAT on SANParks Reservations

Post by Flutterby »

SANparks has implemented the new tax increase on all bookings from the 1st April, even if those bookings have been fully paid up.

Posted by Elsa:
Joep Stevens, for bookings post 1 April 2018, the service is only being delivered in that window period and will be subject to the legislated VAT rate. Therefore all such reservations with stays post 1 April 2018 will be updated to include the additional 1% VAT, Guests that have paid their bookings in full prior to changes can pay upon arrival or in advance - such reservation will not be cancelled due to outstanding amounts.

Sprocky

Re: VAT on SANParks Reservations

Post by Sprocky »

This is so wrong!!! They can't charge you extra vat if you have an invoice stating "Amount outstanding R0-00" and dated prior to 01 April 2018!!

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Apparently, according to government legislation, all goods/services offered after 1st April are subject to 15% VAT, so they don't really have a choice as they will have to pay that VAT.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

It could of course have been their prerogative to absorb the increase, but we all know what the chances of that are! =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

29216288_1385117258260025_1951376033970126848_n.jpg
29216288_1385117258260025_1951376033970126848_n.jpg (102.65 KiB) Viewed 461 times

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

So where does the deposit or full amount money go until such time as I arrive in Kruger?

According to a very reliable source on Facebook I have been told it goes into a "Control Account" until you book in and then only transferred to their income account.

Therefore it shows as income only when you check in and if this is after 01 April 2018 the 15% VAT is due and payable. They then pay the VAT across to SARS on that date.

The letter you get from SANParks is only a confirmation letter and not an invoice. The invoice is only issued once you check in therefore dated post April 2018.

So SANParks earns a fantastic amount of interest while the money lies in the "Control Account."

As long as they use it for the benefit of Kruger I do not have a problem.

Gets a bit confusing but as the saying goes:

Dis die wet van Transvaal so kak en betaal" can be roughly translated as

"This is the law of Transvaal so s**t and pay." Please excuse the language.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

STF has brought up something I was also going to mention. The interest on your booking would more than cover the difference in the vat rate that SANParks would have to pay over. :evil: I just had to pay in more for my October trip. :evil:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I wonder if Wild Card entry will also be affected? :-?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

How much is the VAT now?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Everybody is going to raise the prices from 1st April. Do you have the same VAT % on all categories?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”